Monday, November 19, 2007

Moving to Bodog

It's Monday night so tonight is the MATH (or FMATSH). Come play as we go 6max turbo. Super shove fest and I love it!


Tournament: Mondays at the Hoy

When: Every Monday. 10pm ET

Game: 6max turbo

Buyin: $24+2

Password: hammer


Now a few different things:


First, Go Check this Chica out! She cashed in FTPOS event #15. 2600+ players and she finished 24th. Very impressive.


Second, congratulations to VinNay for winning the Big Game last night and a TOC seat. Check out jeciimd, who finished 2nd. Jeci took 1st in the last Big Game and now comes back with a 2nd place finish. Another impressive run. And special kudos to my buddy TheCloserX5 who bubbled but managed to make the final table. Look out for him. He is dead set on getting into the TOC.


Third, I missed the Big Game as I had a football banquet to attend. If you followed the Friday Night Lights posts I did, you will know that attending the banquet was sure to be full of drama for me. Well, it wasn't really. The coach did make a comment on the starting running back "could never get a run for over 10 yards" that made everyone go "oooooohhhhhh". So why is he starting again? . . . Cal got All Conference Honorable Mention for Kickoff/Punt returns. Funny thing was, he had 5 Kickoff returns all year and NO punt returns. He took 2 of the 5 returns for TD's. Hopefully the coach will let him run back kickoffs next year.


Fourth, Here is the response I got from FTP about getting rakeback. I sent them 4 different e-mails over 2 months and they finally responded to the last one:

So, I have opened an account at Bodog. Smokkee has been promoting them hard so I am going to give it a try. I want to get rakeback for the ring games I am playing, especially if I start moving up to higher limits (which I am thinking about doing). I loaded in Friday night VERY easily. Simple Visa Check Card transaction and they auto loaded 10% bonus in (no playing to earn the bonus).
So far, the tables have been extremely loose. Lots of pots with most or everyone limping. Some of the tables were showing 77% of the players seeing a flop. Unfortunately, I dropped a buy in when I was holding QQ and saw a raggy flop. I jam hoping for the usual call from a small pair with crap kicker, but instead run into AA. It is not unusual to see people calling to the river with draws or top pair any kicker. You have to be careful in those situations also. Play a top pair top kicker and you can get rivered very easily at these tables. I plan to write more about my play there. I don't know the software very well (as I am used to Pokerstars and FTP only) so I haven't figured out hand histories and screen shots, and I haven't reloaded Pokertracker from my dead laptop. Hope to soon.
Hope everyone starts doing good at the tables. Seems most bloggers have been writing about bad beats lately (except these hot runners: Kajagugu, jeciimd, XxMagiciaNxX, and Astin -or at least they have been hot in the blogger tourneys).
Stay patient....

No comments: