Thursday, November 15, 2007

Donkin in the Mook

Last night was the mookie and here is how some of the drama played out:

*Kaja did not hit a 5th final table. Click his name to see how he went out even before I did. *Astin took the lead by finishing in the points for a 6th time. He also hit his 2nd, 2nd place finish. Impressive, but must sting not getting the TOC seat when that close twice. Third time's a charm, right?

*RaisingCayne finally busted his cherry and got some points in his 9th BBT2 tourney played. Congrats Cayne. I'm sure you'll be there a lot more over the next half.

*And then there was me, jamyhawk . Could I prove that Monday's MATH win wasn't 100% luck and finish strong in a non-turbo tournament? Not tonight. I donked off some chips chasing draws, then pushed all in with QQ against a loose player. I got my wish and he called with A8o/s. Flop brings a Q, but turn and river each are needed to fill in the A high straight and I go home around 80th. Maybe I can do it tonight.




8pm CST on Fulltiltpoker.com Password: riverchasers

Tune in for the excitement. The top person on the leaderboard after tonight's game, gets a buyin to the FTOPS main event. A final table appearance by anyone in the top 5 could move that player into first (if none of the other 4 finish in the top 20 in the tournament). Astin and Kajagugu each have an impressive 4 final tables. Really think about that. 100+ players in the Mookie and Riverchaser tournaments, plus close to 90 in the MATH tournaments and they have rolled up to the end 1 out of every 3 times they play. I'd love to go on a run like that. And I would expect to see a big run from some of these strong players (hoyazo , willwonka , RaisingCayne , and RecessRampage) who have all finished in the points just one time each after 12 tournaments have been played (not each of them has played in all twelve, HOY).



Come play with us. Anyone with a password is able. And get ready for this:

I can't wait for the superstacks....
Remember to stay patient...

1 comment:

WillWonka said...

I witnessed the runner, runner straight vs set... Brutal..