Friday, November 2, 2007

7 tournaments done in the BBT2

I played in the 7th tournament of the BBT2 last night, the Riverchasers. As I usually do, I chipped up early and was in the top 5, only to go out somewhere around the 50% mark. A couple of key hands:

I have 88 in late position, middle player (Bayne) raises 3xBB. I call (mistake #1). BB goes all in for about three times what I just called. Bayne calls. Now I think about this for a while. The only way I am ahead here is if the short stack is on AK, AQ or similar overcards and the middle player is on the same. I can put the short stack on two overcards, but what does the middle player have. A call, not re-raise from him to isolate was interesting. Does that mean he is on two overcards also? What are the odds that both players on on overcards? I did see a hand just about 10min ago where I folded a pocket pair only to see an Ace high win the pot. I decide to call (mistake #2).

Flop comes K4K. Bayne checks. Now, I usually love this pot. I can bet with the 8's and fold to a re-raise if necessary, but usually I am ahead with the 8's here. I check (mistake #3). Now I get it into my head that a check down is the best move since we have the opportunity to take the other player out. But this pot has $6000 in chips and the blinds are 100-200, so it would be a great pot to win. The next two cards fall small and middle player and I both check it down. He flips over 99, and the shortstack shows 88. I didn't realize I was in the pot with a ZERO OUTER. Well I guess I could have ran a miracle straight, but with 2 9's gone, that was a billion to one chance.

So, I did accomplish my mission in that hand: to take out the short stack. Only problem was, it cost me chips to do it. That was a terrible play on my part.

Next terrible play: I have about $2000 in chips with blinds around 150-300(?). I get moved to a new table. I don't really know how everyone is playing, but I decide to steal the blinds if given the opportunity. Very first hand, I am on the button with 10Joff. "What an impressive starting hand" you say? I know, I know. Hard to conceal my joy. The tells were seeping out of me. I raise all in and the BB insta calls. With KK. Hmpf. Sucker hand. Doesn't he know How to fold KK? It's obvious that a shortstack from the button raising all in means I have Aces. He must not have realized this, so his KK held up. Busted me stealing. I'm out of the tournament middle of the pack.

I don't normally make that move, but I was feeling maximum donkeyness. I lose patience. Especially in the blogger tourneys. I need to find the fold button more often. I start feeling pressure when I get under 10 big blinds in my stack and think I have to all in to win a pot.

Oh well, nice thing is, there are 20 more tournaments to get my shot at the TOC seat. I may put together a post for it too. Although, I still can't get over Kaja's post for that contest. Truly amazing.

And one last thing. When I was in the Spookie Wednesday night, I was pimping Mookie to give me a banner if I take him out. Not in the Mookie or even the Dookie, but in the Spookie. I have been trying to get that banner for a couple of months. I've seen most of the ones he has done (or at least that he has on his site and others like MiamiDon's and Bodonkey). Well in this post he mentions not remembering the Spookie. He bubbled and I took him out. I asked if I really get a banner and he said yes. Should I send him an email? I may just wait and see....

Stay patient...

4 comments:

jusdealem said...

Sorry, you've been tagged. :)

6722 said...

prison inmate #6722....

I would have broken my parole if I had folded my KK to your allin.

yabi said...

Hey bud... I hate to break it to you but...

You're tagged! Surf on over to see why.

Schaubs said...

Jordan at HighonPoker did mine. I just asked him, and he said sure. He's good shit.