Monday, November 12, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaackkk!

Just a quick reflection so far on the BBT2 (or BBTwo or BBToo -I'm not really sure). I started off strong hitting the points (top 25%) in all 3 of the first 3 tournaments and final tabling 1 of them. I was really feeling that I was starting to hit my game and will be taking down one of the TOC seats without doubt.

Then I missed making the points in the next 5 tournaments played. Frustration set in. I couldn't seem to hit a flop and when I did, it seemed someone hit it harder. My aggressive style was being used against me and I stopped re-stealing. I started laying down races and figured I'd wait for the nuts to go all in. I was just all around playing "scared" poker. Scared of losing. Scared of playing.

Well thank you Hoy. This post of his reminded me that I am capable of taking one of the TOC seats. I need to get back to playing to win. Sure, I may go out early with AK, but that is better than bleeding off all my chips with AK, AQ and KK when I am folding to raises on a missed flop. Aggression pays in the Blogger Tournaments. Just ask Waffles. Ask Lucko. Ask Miamidon.

Come on out and play. And tonight, for special treat, Hoy has dialed up a "turbo" tournament. Should be fun. Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

KajaPoker said...

WOOOOOOOT !!!

Good Job!

lightning36 said...

Sort of like reading the journal of a killer before he does the dirty deed. Congrats -- well done!