Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mookie and Spookie

I went out of the Mook about the middle of the pack when I ran 77 into the mighty mighty A9. I was on the button and raised my standard 3xBB. The SB re-raised me and the BB folded. I re-re-raised all in. The SB had me covered and was pot committed. I don't mind his play at all. But it got me to thinking, should I have folded to the re-raise? Obviously he has an A or two over cards on me. He could have had 88 through QQ also which would have dominated me. My best case scenario was realized when he flipped over the Ace-rag, but even then, I was only a 57% favorite. Actually best case would have been a kicker between 2-6, which would have bumped my win % to 70%. I managed to dodge the 14 Aces in a fulltiltpoker deck but then a 9 on the river sealed my fate.

So, it was a coin flip. I don't like leaving a tournament on a coin flip. I would rather get my money all in with a 70% or better chance. You may well know that if you have played against me. I can be pushed out of a pot, but I try to play exactly the same with 50% chance or 70% chance. So hopefully, you don't know when to push on me.

But my question is still this: Do you put your tournament on the line with 77? I know I had less than 10 orbits in me. Maybe as low as 5.

Oh well, first 3 BBT2 tourneys and I placed top 25%. Last 3 no points. I need to get back to work on those points, eh ALAN?

I did place in the money in the SPOOKIE. It was just that: Spookie! What fun. Thanks to InstantTragedy for setting it up.

No comments: