Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WANTED: Your old or unused Poker stuff

I'm hosting a poker tournament on February 23rd to benefit colon cancer patients and need some help with prizes.

If you have any old chip sets, unopened card decks, good condition books, anything lying around that could be put to better use, we could use it. We are looking for prizes for top finishers as well as door prizes. Cash donations would be used to buy prizes, if you would prefer to go that route.

This is a great cause, as all money raised goes directly to benefit colon cancer patients struggling with high medical costs. You can read more about it here: Figg Tree Foundation.

Please send me a private email if you are interested. All donations are tax deductible.

I Thank you in advance for your attention to this.

Jamyhawk

P.S. I couldn't post without mentioning LJ's big score. 1st place in a $230 buyin tournament. She put up a great post detailing it. Go check it out and congratulate her.

4 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I hate going this route because it always make me look like I don't care... but I don't have any poker stuff I don't use (I mean I am a degenerate so what do you expect)?? So, I guess my question is, do you accept FTP transfer as a form of donation?

jamyhawk said...

Alan,
You may certainly donate FTP funds. I can print up a certificate and transfer to winner of the prize. I will send you a "Form 1010 Schedule FTP" to fill our for tax deductability of donated FTP funds.... ;) JK of course.

You certainly do not have to, since it is not tax deductable.

If you still wanted to donate (just to help this brother out), I can link you to www.figgtreepoker.blogspot.com and pass out your "Cash game tips" website to all the players there (we expect around 100 players). Or if you can think of anything at all I could do to help you out for donating, I would be more than happy to do it (maybe help you earn some points somewhere????)

Thanks for even considering it.

Jestocost said...

I'm going to see if I can make the tourney on 2/23. I'm on the road tonight and can't check the family schedule, however. Thanks for the invite and best of luck with your tournament!

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Jamy,
LOL - you would be doing me a favor by directing traffic to my site. :) If anyone can benefit out of that, that's great. :)

I'm gonna transfer you some funds. I don't care about it not being tax deductible. I trust you would put it towards the foundation. Sorry I'm so lazy/degenerate that that's the only way I could transfer. I don't have checks (I pretty much pay everything online) so... that's just the way it's gonna be. :)

But seriously, if that turns out to be a big pain, let me know. I know I'm being uber lazy. Sorry.