Thursday, January 24, 2008

I said move over once, move over twice, C'mon baby don't be cold as ice

5 degrees this morning. No, I'm not one of those lucky Canadians. I live in the Midwest. 2 weeks ago I was powerwashing the front of my house in 73 degree weather. Yes, that's right. 68 degree swing in two weeks. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

I want to publicly thank Alan for a generous donation to my upcoming charity tournament. He donated FTP Funds. This was something I never considered but now am very excited about. Many of my friends have FTP accounts where they only play for play money. They will say "I am too scared to transfer funds in" or "I don't really know how to transfer in real money". Well now I can give them a shot at getting "hooked" like the rest of us.

If anyone else is interested in donating any amount at all, it will be used for a great cause. I will be printing up a certificate to give FTP funds as a prize for one of the top finishers in the tournament. We are giving an $800 visa cash card to first place, but still need donations for other top finishers. Or better yet, come out and play. If you are in the Saint Louis area, click here for more information.

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Woot!!! That would be very cool!

BWoP said...

Jamyhawk-

I would like to make a donation as well. I was thinking of donating the two-volume Harrington on Cash Games series that is coming out in early March. Unfortunately, that's a week or so after your tournament, but perhaps you (or I) can print up a nice certificate, and I can have the books shipped to either you or the winner. Hit me up at my email addy: ckone24 at gmail