Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Valley girl, She's a Valley girl



Check out the 10 year treasury (from yahoo) over the last 3 months. This graph parallels the 30 year mortgage rates. Last Wednesday we saw a dip below 3.5% on the 10 year. That morning, 30 year fixed rates dropped to 4.875%. Yes, that is right! But it lasted only a couple of hours. Lock departments at lenders blew up and then shut down. By the end of the day, the rates had climbed back up to 5.375%.


We are still right at 5.375%, but what an amazing valley we are in for 30 year fixed rates. With more rate cuts coming, it is possible we will see the 4.x% rates again soon, but for longer than just a couple of hours.


I have been swamped with getting my house ready to go on the market. It got listed Friday, so now I just need to keep it clean. Rather than playing poker every night, I'm trying to read more (FTP Strategy Guide right now). I also need to get my laptop fixed and then get Pokertracker back up and running. I have no idea how bad my play has been, because at times, I know I've made very solid moves and other times, I know I've made extremely fishy moves. I need something to track and work on my gameplay. And to make it all more frustrating, I am on my 3rd DELL Laptop this year that the motherboard is going out. All 3 of them were just out of their warranty periods. I'm seriously considering an APPLE product next! Any suggestions are welcome.


If you haven't been reading these posts, you need to. Good drama about a normal kid who became a heroin addict and his journey through the 80's and 90's.


Don't forget:

No comments: