Thursday, September 6, 2007

To call or not to call Part II

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I could justify any of your answers.


Jusdealem brought up maintaining a friendly relationship with the coach. I wish I could, but I work 10 hour days, and only see the coach at fundraisers and games. And I do talk to him then, but won't see him again until the next game. Yabi's idea to challenge the coach in poker is my favorite idea, but I'm on a cold run lately, so I decided to not chance it. I think Willwonka's advice to encourage Cal to talk to the coach was right in line with what I was thinking. And Reccessrampage said it best: "I think it's important to let Cal make his decisions." In the end, I decided to do option C: Do nothing.


Well, not really nothing. I didn't call the coach and I didn't tell Cal he HAD to talk to the coach about his playing time. But I did ask Cal how he felt about it and what he is doing to improve his situation. The tailback with the most carries last game, got hurt in the 4th quarter and may miss this week's game. So Cal is getting more reps on offense and he was moved up to starting linebacker on defense. And they moved him up to starting punt returns. He is planning on working hard, doing his best and letting his play prove to the coaches that he should be in more.
Next game is this Saturday at 5pm. I'll keep you posted.

On another subject, yesterday was my 4 year anniversary with the hawkette. Man! Life has been good to me to meet her. 5 1/2 wonderful years together and many more to come. And she loves to play poker. How about that? I knew we were meant for each other the first night we were together. I brought her back to my place and put on some sexy music and turned down the lights (trying to impress her), and then she asked "Can we turn on Sportscenter?" Sold! We were married 1 1/2 years later and still going strong. I LOVE YOU, HONEY.

Stay patient...

5 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

The whole kids sports thing is rigged...

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

"But I did ask Cal how he felt about it and what he is doing to improve his situation."

You sound like a great dad and a great husband. And Cal sounds like a great kid. Let his performance do all the talking? My kinda guy. Work hard, stay healthy, and it will all come together. Wooooooot!

jusdealem said...

Happy Anniversary!

Hope all goes well with Cal and the coach. I'm sure his hard work will pay off. GL!

RaisingCayne said...

Happy Anniversary!!

yabi said...

Congrats on your anniversary!