Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bring it in and Push it out

Full Tilt Poker Game #3547148044: Table Helen (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:18:43 ET - 2007/09/13
Seat 1: Keyser0 ($25)
Seat 2: Dung714 ($22.50)<--I've been at this table about 15 min and I know this guy is a donkey. He took a big pot from me when his third pair tripped on the river, so I am looking to take him down.
Seat 3: k RIO k ($25)
Seat 4: simplifypkr ($18.70)
Seat 5: seib ($32.30)
Seat 6: jamyhawk ($23)
Dung714 has 5 seconds left to act
Dung714 posts the small blind of $0.10
k RIO k posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jamyhawk [Ts Tc]
simplifypkr folds
seib folds
jamyhawk raises to $0.85<--my standard raise at this table and it gets called every time.
Dung714 calls $0.75
k RIO k folds
*** FLOP *** [9h 5h Qh]<--scary board.
Dung714 checks
jamyhawk bets $1<--I can throw away the hand with any re-raise
Dung714 calls $1<--He obviously does not have flush or a Q. He may have A or K of hearts.
*** TURN *** [9h 5h Qh] [Td]<--I really like this card although it is scary.
Dung714 checks
jamyhawk bets $3<--still representing a weak flush.
Dung714 raises to $6<--re-raise from this player on the turn means absolutely nothing. He sees I am a bit weak so I take this as a weak re-raise.
jamyhawk calls $3
*** RIVER *** [9h 5h Qh Td] [Ac]<--I don't like this board, but I don't see him having more than an A high in his hand already. Could have a 9 or 5. Let's see what he does.
Dung714 has 15 seconds left to act
Dung714 bets $0.25<--OK. This really throws me for a loop. What in the hell could he have that he is betting .25 into a $16 pot. I request time because I can't decide how much I want to raise. If he has any hand at all, he is value betting, right? Even an AQ throws out a 1/2 pot bet. But why not check if you don't like your hand? I decide he missed his draw and push all in.
jamyhawk has 15 seconds left to act
jamyhawk has requested TIME
simplifypkr adds $6.30
jamyhawk raises to $15.15, and is all in
Dung714 calls $14.40, and is all in<--Oh SHIT! I'm dead. He has me beat for sure.
Uncalled bet of $0.50 returned to jamyhawk
*** SHOW DOWN ***
jamyhawk shows [Ts Tc] three of a kind, Tens
Dung714 mucks
jamyhawk wins the pot ($43) with three of a kind, Tens <--Seriously? Wow.
Dung714 is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $45.25 Rake $2.25
Board: [9h 5h Qh Td Ac]
Seat 1: Keyser0 is sitting out
Seat 2: Dung714 (small blind) mucked [8c Ah] - a pair of Aces <--So he was on the flush draw. I can understand that. But how do you call my all in with A8? I could have so many hands there. Two pair, Straight, Flush, A9, AJ, etc... He paid me off just as I expected.
Seat 3: k RIO k (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: simplifypkr didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: seib didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: jamyhawk (button) showed [Ts Tc] and won ($43) with three of a kind, Ten

I am playing pretty aggressive at this table. Most of my raises are called, I go up to $60 but get caught stealing and double up a couple of short stacks, so 30 min later I am about where I was when I felted Dung714.
Full Tilt Poker Game #3547382042: Table Helen (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:47:39 ET - 2007/09/13
VLV4130 adds $25
Seat 1: Keyser0 ($27.75)
Seat 2: symbo57 ($34.65)
Seat 4: madman162534 ($23.55)
Seat 5: seib ($52)<--we've been playing together for about an hour, and generally stay out of each other's way.
Seat 6: jamyhawk ($44.55)
seib posts the small blind of $0.10
jamyhawk posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jamyhawk [Ac 6c]
Keyser0 folds
symbo57 calls $0.25
madman162534 folds
seib calls $0.15
jamyhawk raises to $1<--Standard move here. I attempt to take the blinds.
symbo57 folds
seib calls $0.75
*** FLOP *** [2c Qc Th]
seib bets $1.50<--Got a piece of the flop.
jamyhawk raises to $3<--Let's see how much he likes his piece.
seib raises to $51, and is all in<--WTF? This overbet means 1 thing only. Draw hand. Flush or straight, I have the nut flush draw and am probably ahead with the A. I am hoping he has J9 or KJ.
jamyhawk calls $40.55, and is all in
seib shows [Kc Jc]<--BOOM! I love it when I am right. Sucker. Give me my money now. I read you like a book. You shouldn't mess with me.
jamyhawk shows [Ac 6c]
Uncalled bet of $7.45 returned to seib
*** TURN *** [2c Qc Th] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [2c Qc Th 2h] [Kh]<--Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! The poker gods slap me in the face.
seib shows two pair, Kings and Twos
jamyhawk shows a pair of Twos
seib wins the pot ($86.35) with two pair, Kings and Twos<--I suck! One card defined my whole night. I win that hand and I am up 2 buy ins plus paid for my tournaments. Losing that hand I am down for the night. Should I have not even been in that hand? I guess that is the curse of playing Ace/rag.
seib is sitting out
jamyhawk is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $89.35 Rake $3
Board: [2c Qc Th 2h Kh]
Seat 1: Keyser0 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: symbo57 folded before the Flop
Seat 4: madman162534 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: seib (small blind) showed [Kc Jc] and won ($86.35) with two pair, Kings and Twos
Seat 6: jamyhawk (big blind) showed [Ac 6c] and lost with a pair of Twos

5 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Hand #1 - You should try to bump up the pot even more on the turn. When he comes over the top, I'd raise it some more to build the pot. Him having Ah was fairly evident and now that you have a real hand, in case he's on a draw, you really want to price him out. It worked out but I think reraising the turn woulda been a better play.

Hand #2 - I hate that call of all in. Sure you turned out to be right but in actuality, you had nothing but ace high and a drawing hand. Now maybe you had a dead on read on this guy at which point this call would be fine. It's just a very high risk play and if the guy is a donk, there are probably plenty of other better opportunities to take his money.

SirFWALGMan said...

While I agree you have better spots to take his money possibly.. I like your call. Your a big enough favorite to win that this call is +EV over time. Just bad luck. You can play a less aggressive style and fold there but I would say the call is correct if you want to make it.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Waffles, how do you justify that that's "a big enough favorite"? Again, if the read is dead on, that's fine. But if it's a range of hands, it's not likely that you're that big a favorite. Quite frankly, you could be behind, drawing to 9 outs twice. That's not +EV. This hand is obv too read dependent but I just wanted to point that out.

jamyhawk said...

I just couldn't see anyone pushing all in over me if they had a made hand. A set or even AQ would call my bet or re-re-raise for value.
This was a textbook drawing hand bet (IMO) and I had the nuts drawing hand.

I was a 63% favorite (unknowingly).
So with the nut flush draw, assuming he had no straight draw, I would have been an 80% favorite. Either way, I would make that call again.

Matt said...

I hate to say it, but I agree with Alan in this case. :) Hell of a read, but at these stakes, I see the same kind of bet made with 2 pair or TPTK. I'm just not sure if it's realistic to narrow his range down to just a draw. But to your credit, you followed your read and thought you had the better hand. It'd be interesting to see though, over time, the number of hands shown with these kind of pushes.