Monday, September 10, 2007

10 Week Challenge Part II

I work in an office with a bunch of loan officers sitting at their desks all day (with an occasional stroll to the fax machine). Sedentary is the best description, IMO.

In January 07, we decided to do a Biggest Loser contest. 8 people, $100 each, 10 weeks, biggest % drop wins. I took it very seriously (as I do all competitions- I'm sure you do as well if you are a poker player and gambler). I went from 258lbs to 227lbs or a 12.02% drop in weight. The next closest person to me dropped 7.47%. As I said, I take any competition seriously. But I think a lot of people stopped trying so hard after I was pulling away in week 6.

I wanted to continue working off some weight, my ideal weight is 210, and I think the charts say I should be under 200lbs -I am 6'3" tall. But I took a couple weeks off, then spent a week in Vegas and the next thing I knew, I was full blown off the exercising and eating right. Summertime was coming and we were doing more parties, more weekends out on the boat (with cooler of beer), more late nights, etc... Now I am back up to .......... drum roll please .......... 257.8 lbs.

So we are starting another 10 week challenge. Weigh in was last Friday and I have 10 weeks to destroy 30lbs of fat again. I am working on doing it the same way. I used the "You on a Diet" book which basically was cardio 30 minutes every day and eating only non-processed foods. I also eat 6 times a day, to keep my metabolism high and I do two 30 minute sessions 4 days a week and 1 30 minute session 2 days a week. 1 day I don't work out and eat whatever I want in the evening (pizza and beer usually).

The office has me listed as the favorite, so I am twice as determined as last time. I can't ruin my reputation by not blowing everyone away again? Don't you agree?
I'll keep you posted.

No comments: