Thursday, October 25, 2007

Another Mookie

So, I finished 5th in the Mookie last night. Again, no hand histories or screen shots as I was still on Hawkette's laptop. I did access my old laptop last night. My motherboard is fried. I took the harddrive out and connected it through a HD Enclosure that basically makes it into an external harddrive. Awesome, because I now have access to all of my pictures, data files, email, etc....



About last night, I laid down a ton of hands. I am certain I was ahead at least 50% of the time, but I did not want to get sucked out on. OK, maybe not 50% of the time, but I laid down AQ, KK, AK, 99, and JJ. I was just reading my opponents right (IMO). I also won pots with well timed bluffs, two pair (with flush boards), and sometimes with just top pair. Again, I was playing those hands based on reads I got from the tables.

I think Hoy's post was right on in saying "Tightydonk early works in the blonkaments". At least it worked for me last night.

2 tourneys of the 27 and 2 times in the points, 1 time in the money. I need to final table more times...more on that later...

My answers to the three questions:
1)AA, KK
2)AA --- I can definitely fold KK here.
3)AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 1010 and even 99

3 comments:

yabi said...

Nice run in the mmookie. Too bad you couldn't go a little deeper in the RiverChasers tournament.

Good luck out there, keep it up!

Dillo said...

Tightydonks ROOL mate! TAG poker all the way. Congrats on your placings in the blogger frat tourneys. Hard to synch up with you yanks, but plan to sometime. Great blog bud. Keep it up!

Dillo said...

Post script.

Question 2. I go to the felt with KK here. There's every chance he has suited paint (Q's and J's or AK, AQ here.) KK, I roll .... but that's how I roll! Great Blog bud.