Monday, October 22, 2007

Downfalls of new technology

What makes you think I want to listen to YOUR favorite song every time I call you? Could there be a more self centered act than to put YOUR favorite song out there, and force me to listen to it every time I call you. And it's not like caller ID, where it only works for certain callers. It also plays for your loan officer when he has to call you 3 or 4 times in a day. Give me a headache.

I actually had a customer that had a Larry the Cable Guy Poop joke on it. Do you really want everyone that calls you to hear that? And I had to hear it 7 or 8 times during the week I was dealing with this customer.

Come on! Some things should have never been invented. I want to hear a tone so I know the connection is still there, not some Pop Star that I would turn off the Radio in a nanosecond if I heard come on. Give me a break.

3 comments:

yabi said...

One word:

Woot.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I agree. I even hate those freakin ring tones. What I hate even more? Those that let it ring for a little bit so that everyone can hear your ringtone. Seriously. I don't give a sh*t if you have some song as your ringtone. Pick up the damn phone and stop bothering us. One more thing about cell phones. I hate people who pick up their phones at their dinner tables. I mean WTF. Good to know cell phone etiquettes don't exist. Please, answer the phone. I'm not important. I'm only sitting with you at the dinner table.

jamyhawk said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. Glad to hear you agree and know exactly what I am talking about.

We should start a blog: Proper Cell Phone Etiquette -Just Effin Do It!