Friday, October 5, 2007

Mookie and Dookie

First the Mookie. I really suck when I get down to the final 20% of the field. Especially if I have a lot of chips. Does that make sense? I tend to get overly aggressive and end up in too many pots. I figure people will start folding to get through the bubble. Not the case. I was chip leader briefly with around 13 players left, and I went out 10th. Very disappointing.


Congratulations to SoCo Al for taking down first! See everyone again next week.



The Dookie was a different story. Turbo Razz. I really like Razz but Turbo is hard. You have to just get in as much money as you can with any 3 starting cards all 8 and under. For example, if your starting cards are A58, start raising hard. You can always back off, since it is a limit game. Also, pay attention to what cards are showing for your opponents. You can steal once in a while with a hand like KK2, if your 2 is face up and everyone else's up card is 8 and higher. Like any tournament, you have to luckbox a few hands to win (or take 2nd). I did win a Razz hand with quad 4's (that wasn't what I used for the low, of course).
Congratulations to leftylu! He has won in consecutive weeks the Mookie, the Mookie, and the Dookie. . . I think from now on I shall call him the MooMooDook.


2 comments:

jusdealem said...

Hey nice job in the Dookie. Me and Razz, not the best of friends. I admire anyone who can win at that game! Leftylu is unstopable LOL.

yabi said...

Very nice run for both tournaments!