Thursday, October 18, 2007

Donkey is me

Since Friday night, I am right at breakeven from poker. Although I do have a $75 token now for the Big Game Sunday night. So I guess I am up $75.




I tried to get this token first in the token frenzy last night. A loose player at my table who liked to steal the blinds raised 3xBB from middle position while I was on the button. I look down to A10o/s. This is definitely a hand I do not want to see a flop with. I am only going to play this hand 10% of the time I get it. But I knew this raiser could be on ATC, and most likely I was ahead here. In an effort to take the pot down and not see a flop, I shove. SB folds and BB folds. The loose player thinks and finally calls. We were just about even in chips, but he had me slightly covered. He flips over 10d8d. I am dominating here (66% favorite) and can't believe he called. One diamond comes on the flop. One more diamond on the turn. And one more on the river takes me out of the tournament. GG. BM (that's Beeee lowMe).




I played a TierII SNG for $26. Top 5 of 18 win a $75 token. I finished top 5 so now have my token for a total cost of $41. Not bad.




I donked up the Mookie last night (out before the first break) and then donked some chips off at a cash table with LJ, Alan, and some other bloggers. In one hand, I raised with JJ and Alan re-raised me all in. I put him on KK, but like the donkey I am, I could not find the fold button. I did find the call button and made a nice donation to the "RecessRampage for president" campaign fund. And yes, he did have KK.



The night before, I donked off a nice stack to Buddydank. I sometimes think I play different when I'm with bloggers. More aggressive? Too much chasing? Assume they are pushing with air? Whatever it is, it costs me a lot to sit at those "VIP" tables.




Luckily, last night I was playing .25/.50 on another cash table, sans bloggers. I managed to run $50 up to about $180 and paid back all my losses for the week. So now I am break even for the week, plus I have my buy in for Sunday night's Big Game. Overall, I am up 625% since loading into FTP in June. Hope the streak continues.




Don't forget to check out this site for all the details on BBT2. Hope to see you there...

2 comments:

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

That was a tough spot considering I've been playing fairly aggro. I was surprised you called out my hand. It was fun playing with you and bunch of other bloggers. We need to do it again!

yabi said...

GLad to hear you did well in the cash game. Last I heard you were up like $50.