Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Sunday's Big Game.

Sunday night's Big Game was a lesson for me, for sure! MiamiDon spanked me and good. It has been a few days [I have been busy with other things, not steaming :) ], but I will recap to the best of my recollection.

MiamiDon ended up short stacked fairly early (I think it was before the first break). He had picked up on my tight play and had been stealing my blinds. I even mentioned it to the table in the chatbox. . . So I tried to raise him all in with A9sooooted and he called. He showed A10o/s and it held up. A few hands later, I got QQ in the BB. MiamiDon raised from the button, I simply called (Mistake!). Flop came A92 rainbow. MiamiDon bet a c-bet: about 2/3 of pot. I called (another Mistake!). Turn came a K. I checked, MiamiDon bet 3/4 of the pot and I tanked. I figured pre-flop he had A or K, so I folded. Looking back, I should have re-raised from the flop or check raised to get more information. Instead, I had nothing and could only fold. A few hands later, I get AQo/s. UTG. MiamiDon is about even in chips with me. I raise 3xBB, MiamiDon comes over me to 9xBB. I call (Mistake- I have to raise or fold here). Flop comes 227, MiamiDon goes all in and I can't call. Now I have moved 2/3 of my stack over to MiamiDon from just 30 minutes ago.

The very next hand, I am in the BB and shortstacked, and MiamiDon is the button. I shove (I don't remember if he had called or raised) with 23sooooooted, figuring at worst, I have 2 live cards. He calls with AJo/s and wins when a J comes. I'm out 13th of 14 on super tilt. Thanks for the education MiamiDon. . .

I would hope to learn that if I'm not willing to protect my hands, I shouldn't be raising pre-flop with them. I got schooled. I don't mind my play with the 23 (although I could have waited a while to shove), but the first few hands were atrocious. Oh well, I was in on a token. Looking forward to the next one.

I'm going to try to get in the Mookie tonight and repeat win the Dookie, which is going to be a Turbo HORSE tournament (my favorite game right now).

Stay patient...

No comments: