Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fantasy Football roster

I did a live-online (paradox?) fantasy football draft last night. So, I sit down and log into yahoo FF site and it brings up a Java screen that says "Your draft begins in 00:34:25" and it is counting down -34 being minutes. So I do some stuff; wait; wait and then it comes to 3 sec, 2 sec, 1...... and nothing happens. I look for a few minutes and decide to navigate away from the draft central page to my team homepage and there it has a link to enter the draft. Nice. Didn't see that before. So I got in a bit late and the bummer was that I had changed my mind on who I wanted to draft first, but since I was late getting in, I had to take who I had ranked highest 2 weeks ago. So I got Brian Westbrook instead of Frank Gore.


Take a look at my team and you will not be impressed. Overall, I think I did a poor job drafting. But I will say that on at least 3 occasions, the person right before me took the player/defense I was planning on taking, so then I wasn't as prepared on who to pick.


I will struggle at RB. I have great WR's (if healthy). I could have great QB's. I drank a little of my own koolaid (Broncos fan here -in case you couldn't tell) in taking Cutler and Elam. I also dropped Vernand Morency right after the draft and picked up Mike Bell just in case Travis Henry goes down. My defenses are risky picks, and I am way overloaded on New England. I am hoping to use some of my New England picks for trade (if for nothing else but to diversify).


I'd give myself a C grade (that may even be generous).

What grade would you give me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

D

Westbrook at 4? I'd say thats a huge reach.

Where are the rest of your running backs? Gotta have a stable of those to win the league.

QBs at 3 and 5? Only one plays a week and that guy only has one bye. Brady will start 15 games Cutler is a wasted pick.

jjok said...

Oooof

D is probably right.

2 QB's in top 5 picks is baaaaad. I think Westbrook is a HUGE reach at 4 unless you get points per reception.....then it's a marginal reach.

You have a shot if Jordan actually comes through for this team....


Gonna need you to rip me apart after my drafts and tell me how bad I did.....

:)

Schaubs said...

Sorry Jammy, by I'd have to agree with the guys here.

Westbrook at 4 is a tough one. I assume that the top 3 were LT, SJ & LJ?

I like the fact that you got Lamont so late, he has a lot to prove.

I had both of those TE's last year and I have to say that they are both average at best with Miller having the higher upside.

You'll need another WR so keep an eye on that waiver wire.

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

I heard the excuse... but at what point ever did you think westbrook should be ahead of Gore? ugh.

LOL

Nothing like all of us visiting your blog and taking a crack at your fantasy roster! :)

I'm personally not a big fan of your WRs either. Moss is quite a gamble, as is TO in terms of the entire season.

And I disagree with Schaubs. Until I see anything out of that Raider nation, anyone on that team is a dog. Unless you pick their team defense...