Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home game for August

First of all: Thank you MiamiDon for telling Stl_Phily that I live in Saint Louis. Stl_Phily made it to our home game last night.

We play once a month with small buy ins ($20). We get some real novice players and some donkeys (like me) looking to take down 1st. We start with $1,000 in chips and I move the blinds every 20 min with a 3 hour predicted end time. There is a lot of over betting. Several times you will see a pot that is raised 3 or 4x the pot pre-flop. And then after the flop it is not uncommon to see a $150 bet into a $60 pot with 3 players still in.

Here are some interesting hands:
With the blinds 20/40 and 5 players at my table, I am the cutoff with AQsuited.
UTG (Super loose player) calls,
Jamyhawk calls,
the button goes all in for 100.
SB folds,
BB folds,
UTG calls
Jamyhawk calls.
Flop comes AdAh3h. <---sweet action.
UTG checks
Jamyhawk checks <--slow play to super loose player UTG.
Turn is 6h <--ruh roh. could be a flush?
UTG checks
Jamyhawk bets 100<--need to push out the 4 cards to a flush draw.
UTG folds
River is Ac
Jamyhawk shows 4 Aces
Button mucks cards

Super loose and Super tight end up in a hand heads up. 3 4 7 5 is on the board with 2 clubs. A 2 of clubs hits the river: Super loose goes all in. Super tight folds and mucks face up a Q6. Super loose mucks but says had two pair... Hmmmmmm....

Super loose again in a pot, this time heads up with Stl_Phily. 4d5d6d7d is on the board. River comes 6c. Super loose goes all in and Stl_Phily thinks a long time. Finally calls with 56 for boat and Super loose shows 9high flush. Stl_Phily was worried straight flush was out there.

My final hand was when we were down to 5 (4 places paid) and I went all in from the SB (100/200 blinds) for 275 more than the BB with K8o/s. BB calls me with Ace/rag and A holds up. I'm bubble boy. I tend to be more aggressive in my house tournaments because I don't mind losing. I don't want to invite everyone over and then win all the time (of course that is for $20 buy ins -if bigger tournaments, I would play to the death).

Winner of the first tournament was Stl_Phily (CONGRATULATIONS!). 2nd place was Mr. Super tight (my brother) who folded a straight on the river to possible flush. I guess it worked for him. Stl_Phily did a great job of playing his big stack aggressively. I started at a separate table from him, but he came into the final table big stacked and bullied his way to first. Great job!

2nd tournament, another $20 buy in. The Calling Station (who I am so glad comes every tournament we have), went out within the first 5 hands. Flop comes K93rainbow. CS bets, someone calls. Turn is 8. CS goes all in with K10. Someone calls with K8 and wins with two pair. CS out early again (surprise).

I have AJ and raise pre-flop 3xBB. SB and BB fold. Same Super loose from before (had called the BB) is UTG and calls. Flop comes AQ4. Super loose raises it, I re-raise, he calls.
Turn is a Q, Super loose goes all in: I tank. Seriously? AK? QQ? AQ? I don't think so. I think A10 or worse, but I can't do it. I fold.

2 hands later:
I have AQ. I raise preflop 3x BB, super loose calls from BB. Flop comes AK9 rainbow. Super loose bets, I reraise 3x the bet. Super loose calls. Turn is a K. Super loose goes all in. Seriously? We just played this. I can't let him push me like this. I call. He turns over K4o/s. Holy SHIT! Raise pre-flop and re-raise after the flop and he is playing with K4o/s. Oh well, I'm glad he will be here next time. I need to at least finish in the money once in a while.

I went out early, Stl_Phily went out early. Q-(just learned to play: see Home Game Last Night .) took first and Super tight player #2 (not my brother) folded his way to 2nd place.

Then we started up the cash game. .25/.50 NL. 7 players. We played from 1am to 5am. We allowed any cash on the table to be in play. It was crazy, but fun. I finished up $9 for the entire night. That was after my buy ins to 2 tournaments, my wife's buy ins and $30 spent during the night. Not too shabby. Thank goodness I can kind of play ring games.
And thank you to my wife for letting me get 5 hours of sleep. The kids were up early and she took them.

Hope to see you next time.
Stay Patient...

1 comment:

WillWonka said...

Nice going!!! I hope to be able to make it out there some month.