Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Donkalicious -"isn't that a Fergie song?"

Nightly token frenzy. I had checked in from the BB. I put him on a draw. He is calling, not re-raising my flop bet. Turn comes a blank so I shove. He calls my all in and then this hits the river:





Incredible. Was I wrong to push with the best hand? Of course he figures he has a ton of outs if I am on AJ, A9, J10, etc. And he did have me covered 3-1.


According to Texasholdemcalculator, I was WIN:84.09% after the turn card hit. The best he could have figured was he was 40% to my 60% (assuming he didn't know I had a Q).





Then I moved over to cash. Didn't feel like donkin it up too much so sat down to .10/.25 NL 6max. So I just sit down to the table and see maybe 2 or 3 hands. Don't really know what I am getting into yet and haven't shown anything to the table (strong, weak, tight, etc.)
JJ raises preflop and I re-raise (steal attempt) with AJsuited. Bad hand, I know, but he just calls the steal attempt.
Flop comes with two Q's and a nothing. JJ checks, I bet out the pot to see where I am at. JJ calls. Turn comes nothing and I have to fire if I am going to represent Q's so I again bet out the pot after his check. JJ calls. No freakin way he has a Q. No way! I go all in on the river and JJ insta calls. I'm felted. Stacked just like that.






Now, that was a dumb move on my part, trying to bluff to the river, but I am set up perfect for this table now. I am down 1 buy-in and look like aggro donkey. I reload and tighten up. Any hand I play in everyone is raising and re-raising. Everyone wants a piece of my donkery. It was great because when I had a hand, my opponent was happy to go all in with 2nd pair or TPweakkicker. Everything moved pretty fast so I didn't grab any other screen shots, but within 30 minutes I stacked 3 people including MrJJ and finished with 1 1/2 buy-in profit for the night (on cash). And MrJJ felted on a similar hand to what he had hit me on. I called down his huge bets with 2nd pair only and he had A high. I could just feel him tilting and then to go all in with A high was the kiss of death. Another player at my table asked how I could call with those raises and only 2nd pair. Because I knew MrJJ would have nothing. When he had something, he would slow play it to trap me. I was just reading him so easy. Plain and simple.

Anyway, I don't recommend trying that often, but I do like to sit at a table and give a super loose image right away. Then when I tighten up, I get paid off much higher.

Stay patient...

No comments: