Thursday, December 20, 2007

TOC and TLB freerolls

I didn't talk about it this week because I didn't want to go there. Anyway, I had so much fun playing in the BBT2, and was thrilled to finish in the top 50 players with points (I finished 7th overall) after 27 total tournaments. My goal was to prove that I can play with the bloggers and I did. I started studying the game of poker in April of 2007 and started blogging soon after.



First the TLB freeroll. The top 50 got to play a freeroll (thank you FTP, AL, Mookie, MiamiDon, Hoy and Riggstad). Here's how I finished. I got to the final table a shortstack but was able to fold to 5th place. Lucko was brutal, running all over the table, so I decided to play tight at 9th, and it got me to 5th. Here's what I got:



So I feel like I represented myself well. I didn't get much credit for having a shot at the TOC win but I did finish in the top 5 in the freeroll. **disclaimer is that I think many of the 23 players that played in both tournaments played aggro in the freeroll early so they could focus on the main TOC tourney.


Congrats to lucko and whiskigirl who were in the TOC at the same table while heads up in the freeroll. Impressive! Lucko finshed first and played amazing at the final table.



Second lets talk about the big one. The Tournament of Champions with the $18,000 first place prize. Winner take all, no prize to second.

In first 5 hands I had AA KK and QQ. I Figured I was burning all my luck early.



See here where I am in 2nd place (which pays the same as 27th). I was just dominating the tables! ;)




Here I win the first hand uncontested:





Two hands later I re-raise a raiser and win pre-flop. I am on fire now....





I win this one again pre-flop. First 5 hands have been good so far:





Then Astin was shortstacked and I played this hand with him:


Full Tilt Poker Game #4570734298: Battle of the Bloggers Final (30643270), Table 1 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:20:13 ET - 2007/12/20
Seat 1: cmitch (2,450)
Seat 2: Astin (1,900)
Seat 3: Fuel55 (2,560)
Seat 4: jamyhawk (3,075)
Seat 5: PirateLawyer (3,225)
Seat 6: huntsvegas (2,850)
Seat 7: XxMagiciaNxX (2,750)
Seat 8: cracknaces (4,495)
Seat 9: whiskigrl (3,695)
Fuel55 posts the small blind of 20
jamyhawk posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jamyhawk [3h 5s]<-- terrible cards
PirateLawyer folds
huntsvegas folds
XxMagiciaNxX folds
cracknaces calls 40
whiskigrl folds
cmitch folds
Astin calls 40
Fuel55: how is that i dont have 15000 chips?
Fuel55 calls 20
jamyhawk checks<-- how soon until I can fold this?
*** FLOP *** [6d 4c 4d]
Fuel55 checks
cracknaces: cause your name is not Asting
jamyhawk bets 80<--because I now have a nuts hand

cracknaces folds
Astin calls 80<--uh oh. Astin always has a hand.
Fuel55 folds
*** TURN *** [6d 4c 4d] [7h]<--Gin!
jamyhawk checks<--see if I can get Astin all in. Astin bets 200
jamyhawk calls 200<--slow play to no pay?
*** RIVER *** [6d 4c 4d 7h] [Qd]<--potential flush. Damn, missed that on the turn. Should have reraised.
cracknaces: Fuelstin
cmitch: of course im bleeding here and doing well in the other freeroll :)
jamyhawk bets 720<--Have to bet enough here so he can't bluff the flush. If I bet small and he goes all in, I don't know that I can call with flush hitting the river. If he comes over me now, I know my straight is no good.
Astin folds<--woooo hoooo.
Uncalled bet of 720 returned to jamyhawk
jamyhawk mucks
jamyhawk wins the pot (720)


Full Tilt Poker Game #4570802292: Battle of the Bloggers Final (30643270), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:26:20 ET - 2007/12/20
Seat 1: cmitch (2,150)
Seat 2: Astin (1,525)
Seat 3: Fuel55 (2,725)
Seat 4: jamyhawk (3,570)
Seat 5: PirateLawyer (3,165)
Seat 6: huntsvegas (2,850)
Seat 7: XxMagiciaNxX (2,985)
Seat 8: cracknaces (4,395)
Seat 9: whiskigrl (3,635), is sitting out
Fuel55 posts the small blind of 25
jamyhawk posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jamyhawk [6c 6h]
whiskigrl has reconnected
whiskigrl has returned
PirateLawyer raises to 150<--an early position raise. I put him on high pair. Maybe AK, AQ. But probably JJ or QQ.
huntsvegas folds
XxMagiciaNxX folds
cracknaces folds
Fuel55: its stinky down there
whiskigrl has 15 seconds left to act
whiskigrl folds
cmitch folds
Astin folds
Fuel55 folds
cracknaces: the danl position sounds sorta ghey no?
Fuel55: he is cracking under so much expectation
jamyhawk calls 100<--I feel the odds are good enough to set mine here.
*** FLOP *** [8h 6s 9d]<--flopped sets are GOLD!
jamyhawk checks<--check my monster to a known aggressor.
PirateLawyer bets 250<--expected
jamyhawk raises to 800<--check raise as planned. don't want ghey straight filling in.
cracknaces: he hasnt gotten AA or KK yet, its a record
Fuel55: here we go!
PirateLawyer has 15 seconds left to act
PirateLawyer raises to 1,650<--now I have to figure overpair. No way he is on 10 7. Maybe AK but most likely range is 1010-AA and A9.
Fuel55: ALLL EEEEEEEEEEN
jamyhawk raises to 3,420, and is all in<--Fuel is my master. Fuel is my master.
PirateLawyer calls 1,365, and is all in<--YES!
jamyhawk shows [6c 6h]
PirateLawyer shows [8c 8s]<--NOOOOOOOOO
Uncalled bet of 405 returned to jamyhawk<--at least I am still in it.
Fuel55: sick
*** TURN *** [8h 6s 9d] [7d]
*** RIVER *** [8h 6s 9d 7d] [4s]
Fuel55: sick
jamyhawk shows three of a kind, Sixes
Fuel55: sick
PirateLawyer shows three of a kind, Eights
PirateLawyer wins the pot (6,355) with three of a kind, Eights
Fuel55: sick

Seat 4: jamyhawk (big blind) showed [6c 6h] and lost with three of a kind, Sixes
Seat 5: PirateLawyer showed [8c 8s] and won (6,355) with three of a kind, Eights





I replayed the hand over and over, and I suppose I could have slowed down the betting on flop. With possible straight hitting the turn, I might have saved some chips. Then again, I know Piratelawyer to be very aggressive, so he may have controlled the betting on the turn. I don't think I am laying down the hand to him in that position. I really put him on an over pair. Would you have laid that down?


Very next hand, I figure I could pick up some chips. Maybe someone calls with KJ? All in pre-flop, I'll appear on tilt.





OOPS. I'm out 27th. First one out.... Ick. But I guess CHAD called it right: I got coolered early.







So see. If I can do it, so can you. I mean, if I can make it into the TOC, so can you. Come try it out next round.
CONGRATULATIONS to Jeciimd for taking down 1st and representing us in the Aussie Millions! He truly put on a clinic, winning two seats of the 27 available, finishing first in total points and then taking down the Main Event. Impressive! Watch his site for updates on his trip to Australia.



Until then, stay patient. . .

3 comments:

jusdealem said...

Wow, jamy, that was ugly. Set over set. Just brutal. I expected to see you final table them both. I was shocked when I logged in and you were already out. Thanks for posting so I could see what happened.

Nice job on the 5th place, tho! One question: Where is your arrow and smiley face on that one? I think it deserves a smiley face! :)

lucko said...

Thanks for the kind words. Gross cooler in the TOC. At least if you are going to go out first, you can go our with your head held high after that sick hand.

Shrike said...

Just a sick setup hand there. I don't know how you can really avoid going broke.