Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Funny or Pathetic

I spent almost 45 minutes trying to get the tree to stay in it's stand. The stand is easily 10 years old, and worthless. Yet every year, I say "I can make it work", and then cuss my way through 45 minutes of lying on the floor jamming different shaped blocks in, and cutting branches to try to get the tree to stand (NO -not "make it straight"; get it to stand up without falling).


So the babies go to bed, the teenagers have to go do homework, and I am frustrated. No decorating the traditional way. I decided to make sure the tree got trimmed. You decide: Funny? Or Pathetic?


3 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Would be funnier with more back story, like a guy in a wife beater passed out in the rest of the cans. This way...not so funny, more sad. Looks kinda like the frat party's garbage can blew up.

jamyhawk said...

I suppose your right. More sad is that is how the tree sits today. I was hoping to give it another try to trim it the traditional way tonight.

MEMPHIS00 said...

I'd say it is somewhere inbetween the two. Merry christmas!(a bit belated).