Monday, December 10, 2007

Chip and a chair

Down to my last $5.77 on bodog, I decided to just tighten up and play PPO Poker (Premiums and Position Only). Friday night, I opened up a table and quickly ran that $5.77 down to $1.93. How fun. But, as expected, I finally started getting some cards and at the $10 max buy in tables that means guaranteed double ups. The call all-ins on draws and any pair mentality of my opponents, helped me build my balance up to just over $23 in less than 1 hour.

The most interesting thing I took out of this was: should I be playing PPO Poker more often? At least in ring games. Normally, I prefer more of a "Hit and Run" style, meaning I will Hit the table with LAG play until someone challenges me, then run over to playing Rock Tight. After hitting a few big hands with the Rock Tight, then Run back over to LAG play. And if I ever see all of the players turn over in a short period of time, RUN back over to the style of play. This works at the .25/.50 and the .50/1 tables on FTP.

PPO Poker is probably more for the micro limits anyway(.5/.10 was the $10 max). I will just keep grinding it out. Then once the BBT2 is over, I can start playing in $mokee's Bodonkey tourney. I have found the competition to be weaker on Bodog so far. I say that as I ran my first $100 there down to $5 in grand style. But we all know you have to be able to play through some bad nights (notice I said bad nights, not bad beats - bad nights allows for stupid play on my part).

Don't forget: Only 4 spots left in the TOC. If you want a shot at a freeroll for an $18K prize, come out an play on FTP.

Tournament: Mondays at the Hoy
When: Every Monday. 10pm ET
Game: NLHE Deepstack
Buyin: $24+2
Password: hammer

Tournament: The Mookie
When: Every Wednesday. 10pm ET
Game: NLHE Deepstack
Buyin: $10+1
Password: vegas1

Tournament: Riverchasers Online Poker Tour
When: Every Thursday. 21:00 ET
Game: NLHE DeepstackBuyin: $10+1
Password: Riverchasers

Tournament: Blogger Big Game
When: Sunday, December 16th, 21:30 ET
Game: NLHE Deepstack
Buyin: $69+6 or Tier II token
Password: donkey

Stay patient...

No comments: