Thursday, December 13, 2007

Congratulations to Emptyman for taking down the Mookie. I felt I was card dead all night. I pushed chips back and forth early on, mostly with bluffs or semi-bluffs. People started calling me or re-raising me too frequently, so I decided to switch to a ROCK and then went for what seemed like forever without anything. The highest pocket pair I remember was 88. I raised it, and someone re-raised me all in. I folded and instead decided to push all in a few orbits later with A9sooooooted. Ooops. I got a caller and that was enough to know I was beat.
I played terrible last night in every game I was in. I played the Tier II token Frenzy, built up an above average chip stack, then blew it all on a bluff. Caller tanked for a while as he only had me covered by a few hundred chips, and then called my all in with second pair weak kicker. That was enough to eliminate me. I guess I want that call 90% of the time, but that was how I was running last night. He called an all in with 2nd pair 7 kicker! I guess that is what I get for being the idiot -I mean donkey.
I played 6 more SNG's last night to see just how bad I was running (only cashed in 1 of them). Mostly donkey played again. I was feeling very confident in my play up until this week -especially when I dumped all my chips in the MATH to lucko. That turned me around and I haven't been able to get back right since. Come to think of it, that was the exact moment things went sour. I was easily going to cash and I shoved two hands in a row to exit the tournament on the bubble. My head is still spinning from that. What a stupid move on my part. Of course, alcohol has been involved this week. I tend to make smarter moves when we are out of beer at home. I mean, my SNG winnings graph looks like a seismograph during a 6.0 earthquake. It's pathetic.

I need to take a break, read a book or two, and then come back refreshed. Unfortunately, we have two more BBT2 tourneys to play and then the TOC and Leaderboard Freeroll next week. Oh well. Maybe I can figure it out before next week. I do know that everyone expects me to be dead money in those two tournaments next week. Maybe I can prove someone wrong.
Tournament: Riverchasers Online Poker Tour
When: TONIGHT! 21:00 ET
Game: NLHE Deepstack
Buyin: $10+1
Password: Riverchasers
Tournament: Blogger Big Game
When: Sunday, December 16th, 21:30 ET
Game: NLHE Superstack
Buyin: $69+6 or Tier II token
Password: donkey

3 comments:

snakster said...

You just need to let Monday go Jamy. Repeat after me: serenity now...serenity now....serenity now.

Oh and stay away from the cheap beer. Bourbon is the drink of champions! (says the guy who hasn't won anything and is on the outside looking in)

jamyhawk said...

LOL. thanks snakster. your time will come.

emptyman said...

Stay patient!

Thanks for the props -- and we can. That looks like it was a delicious Monday.

You're playing well -- at least personally I'm always on high alert when you're at my table. Just don't take "no" for an answer tonight. Hit that one-outer on the river if you need it.

Stay patient! Stay aggressive.