Thursday, December 20, 2007

Queen of the Mookie

Congratulations to LJ for taking down the Mookie last night. Click on her name to go congratulate her yourself. She played a tough heads up match to get the win! Way to go!

Great job to GCox25 for finishing 2nd. He was really playing well also.



At my starting table I had MiamiDon on my immediate left and Cracknaces on my right. They are two very aggressive players and both have knocked me out of tournaments before. I managed to hold my own and within 30 minutes got moved to another table. I played fairly solid poker, but never managed to chip up much. I would go down to 1,000 then back up to 3000.



With about 3500 in chips, I got moved back to a table with MiamiDon now on my immediate right. I know Don likes to steal blinds, ESPECIALLY mine, so I would have to be careful not to get into trouble with him. One particular hand, he min raised my BB and I made a loose call with J4 sooooooted. The flop comes J high -no 4 but I have 4 to the flush. Don bets out and I re-raise him with my TPWK. Don comes back over the top all in. Now I know Don likes to put the pressure on. I put his range here to include QK same suit as the board, QQ, or a flopped set. I know he could also have trash but calling his all in would end my tournament and I can't see going out on Top Pair with a 4 kicker, so I let it go. He shows J8, so I was outkicked. I have about 1000 in chips again.



I tighten up and manage to chip back up to nearly 4000 in chips. On this next hand, Don is UTG+2 with about 5000 in chips and it folds to him. He makes a pot sized bet which is about 15% of his stack. I have AA and decide to call to see if I can either get another player in or trap Don. Usually, I will raise this hand to isolate, but given Don's aggressive play, I wanted to mix it up. Everyone else folds and we are heads up, which is perfect for me. The flop comes rags 9 high no flush or straight. Don bets out the pot. I don't think I could lay this down anyway, but his large bet assured me he didn't have the set. I went all in, he called and flipped over 1010. The 10 on the river sends me home. As quick as that and I am gone. Sucked, but I felt like I was playing pretty well, and I am not getting out of that hand without putting all my chips in against Don. I mean, he will put the pressure on if I tried to control the pot size anyway.



In the Dookie, we played limit Hold'em turbo. Made it to the final table where basically everyone there had an M of 5 or lower due to the turbo blind increases. I finished 5th with no major suckouts or brilliant plays that I remember. I'm sure I sucked out a few times, but every hand seemed like you were pot committed as soon as you entered it.



Stay patient...

2 comments:

smokkee said...

GL in the TOC Jamy.

jusdealem said...

Good luck tonight in the TOC!!!

Sorry I didn't pick you to win it...but you can always prove me wrong! I'll be there to rail you :)