Monday, December 10, 2007

MATH Final table #2

I just wanted to start off with this hand because I got a lot of grief over it. Tell me what you would have done....

Full Tilt Poker Game #4463335511: Mondays at the Hoy (32953837), Table 2 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:43:55 ET - 2007/12/10
Seat 1: Loretta8 (2,827) <--short stack at the table...
Seat 2: DaBag (5,700)
Seat 3: jmathewson_III (10,645)
Seat 4: twoblackaces (6,413)
Seat 5: jamyhawk (19,260) <--chip leader at the table. . .
Seat 6: lucko21 (17,369)
Loretta8 antes 25
DaBag antes 25
jmathewson_III antes 25
twoblackaces antes 25
jamyhawk antes 25
lucko21 antes 25
twoblackaces posts the small blind of 120
jamyhawk posts the big blind of 240 <--I am in the BB
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jamyhawk [5s Ks] <--not a good hand, but not bad for BB.
lucko21 folds
Loretta8 raises to 654 <--short stack trying to steal?
DaBag folds
jmathewson_III folds
twoblackaces folds
jamyhawk raises to 1,200 <--raise for a re-steal...
Loretta8 raises to 2,802, and is all in <--crap. did not want to see this. a call: yes. a fold: yes. re-re-raise: no. Now I have to make a decision.
jamyhawk has 15 seconds left to act
jamyhawk calls 1,602 <--I figure I have two live cards. Short stack is playing Ax right? maybe a pp under K's. Hopefully J9 sooted. My cards being sooted makes no difference to me. I play this knowing I take a small hit to my stack if I lose, hoping K high is good or hit a 6 outer against Acerag.
Loretta8 shows [Qs Qc]
jamyhawk shows [5s Ks]

*** FLOP *** [2h 8s Kd] <--All that I needed.
*** TURN *** [2h 8s Kd] [6c]
*** RIVER *** [2h 8s Kd 6c] [7s]
lucko21: :(
Loretta8 shows a pair of Queens
jamyhawk shows a pair of Kings
jamyhawk wins the pot (5,874) with a pair of Kings <--So I suckout. I maintain that every winner in these tournaments sucks out at least twice.
Loretta8 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,874 Rake 0
Board: [2h 8s Kd 6c 7s]
Seat 1: Loretta8 showed [Qs Qc] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 2: DaBag folded before the Flop
Seat 3: jmathewson_III (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: twoblackaces (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: jamyhawk (big blind) showed [5s Ks] and won (5,874) with a pair of Kings
Seat 6: lucko21 folded before the Flop
At this point, Lucko starts ragging on me for a terrible play. Donkey move. Blah, blah, blah. Thank you Snakster for sticking up for me, but the damage is done. Lucko puts me on tilt. I should have just stopped right there and regrouped, but I am tilting hard as several observers are also critical of my play.

The very next hand (or close to it), I am dealt AJsooooooooted. I raise from UTG. Everyone folds to the SB who raises and then the BB re-raises all in. I had both players covered but decided to fold as I would have risked almost half my stack on AJ. I don't remember the first raisers cards but Twoblackaces had KK. A on the flop and I would have won, but Twoblackaces takes it with KK. I could have taken two players out. I am cursing for folding AJ, and Lucko already has me tilted. AAAAAAAAAAAArgggggghhhhhhhh.

MY BAD.

Now I am on SUPERtilt.

I watch this happen:

THE MIGHTY AJ!


Then I lose a big hand here. I should have learned right here.



So I push all in here preflop to push back on lucko's raise. He double ups on me. Did I mention I'm on SUPERTILT?



The very next hand I get the NUTZ: AJ


I went from 2nd with 7 players left to out 6th in just a few hands. No patience. No FAWKING patience. Goes against everything I always tell everyone else. Stay patient! Go ask Schaubs. AJ is a crap hand....

Great job to LJ for making it Heads up but she couldn't finish out against twoblackaces. Both are great players. Congrats to twoblackaces for getting into the TOC.

So I figured I should go tilt off some more chips before going to bed:
This hand was the final hand for me in a 9 player SNG when we both went all in preflop....


Then I play an 18 player : top 6 get paid. All in pre-flop.
Not my favorite night. I did win a $26 token. Finished down overall for the night on my bankroll. But I did get me some points for the MATH finish. How 'bout that RecessRampage?
Stay patient... And if you see me at the tables, remind me to STAY PATIENT!

7 comments:

lucko said...

Snakster was giving me shit for the 99\KQ hand we played earlier. Saying how you obv had the Queen when you led into me. I wasn't really giving you shit, just saying people don't *have* to have it just cuz they bet.

The K5s hand is pretty terrible tho, lol. Loretta isn't raising and folding anything with 11bbs in his stack. Raising\folding in his spot is pretty horrible weak-tight poker. So in your defense, him being a blogger, I can see why you had that read. :-)

snakster said...

It's very difficult to criticize the way the hand against loretta played out. It was reasonable for you, as big stack to apply pressure withthe reraise. Loretta, as the short stack, didn't have enough in reserve to push you out with the jam. If Loretta shoves initially, you would surely have folded. I suspect Loretta got exactly what she (he?) wanted in that situation, but got unlucky.

Can't criticize you there. Now there were some other hands...
;-)

lj said...

hard to see so many chances where twoblackaces could have been knocked out. sigh.

confused about your re-raise against the short stack. if you think he's just trying to steal the blinds w/ air, then why not put him all in. you are committed if he then goes over the top of you (which is what happened). so why even give a weak tight player the option of call folding (horrible poker though it may be)?

i agree w/ lucko that when someone is that short you can generally assume they have a great hand and are looking for someone to go over the top, otherwise why wouldn't they shove.

snakster said...

For the record, I wasn't giving Lucko shit, I was just having a little fun chatting it up. By stating that I believed Jamy had the Q is neither a criticism of Lucko's play nor was it a "he bet, so he must have it" conclusion. If you would prefer to conclude that it is impossible for me to be able to put someone on a hand by observing them, I can live with that. Lord knows I've been wrong enough times to cast my abilities in doubt. (I stand by my assessment of Lucko's game [it's good] and I learned a great deal watching him play last night)

jamyhawk said...

Alright. I agree I played the K5 hand wrong. I guess I was undecided on how to play it so min-raised and that put me in a position to feel comitted to the pot. I wasn't thinking far enough ahead.

I have only been "studying" the game for about 8 months and need to get more hands in, so that I know what move to make there better, without hesitation.

I will say that playing in the blogger tournaments has sped up my learning so much faster than any books or reading online has. And it gives me a lot more confidence when playing outside of the blogger tournaments. Thanks for your comments lucko, lj and snakster.

lj said...

i've been playing "seriously" for less time than you, but that was just an observation on that particular hand. i am by no means any sort of expert (as evidenced by my inability to win any tournaments).

Alan aka RecessRampage said...

Loretta is part of lucko crew. That means he knows what he's doing (just like mag and whoever else is part of that clan). LJ had a good point though that if the guy is so short, why wouldn't he jam instead of putting in a weird raise like that. But you know what? You had a read and you went with it. So you were wrong. And that crew knows how to talk trash. You can't let any of that get to you. That's part of their game.