Friday, April 8, 2011

Survivor Post #7 Final

Tournament #9 Multi Entry $5

I play on a laptop and do not care for playing more than 3 tables at once. Actually, I prefer 2. But feeling intense pressure, I decided to take a stab at all 4 entries. I made the choice to play like a nit until I get down to two entries left.

It worked for awhile as I got pretty far with all 4 entries still intact. The bummer was that none of them were very large. At one point, I think I had all 4 at 12 BB’s or less. I lost a couple of entries with standard shoves and losing races: No big deal.

The other 2 entries I was able to chip up nicely and had them up to 25 BB’s each at one point. One entry went down in flames in two critical hands. First Joanne shoved for about 5 BB’s and I reshoved to isolate with about 17 BB’s. I had AQ sooted and lost a race to her 77. Then I shove an unopened pot from the SB with AQ off and get called by AK in the BB. Doh! That took me down to like 2 BB’s and I shoved with Ace high sooted, and lost another race. 3 hands and I’m done.

I had one entry left and raised a few hands and had to fold to whiffed flops and big bets. I shoved with a small pocket pair and lost. I was out. No immunity for me as Brain and Heff were still in.

My head was spinning as I knew my time on survivor was about over.

Buddy read the votes:
Very Josie <--probably my vote
Jamyhawk <--knew it
Very Josie <--probably Muhctim
Jamyhawk <--uh oh
Jamyhawk<-- here it comes
Jamyhawk
Jamyhawk
And that was it. My time on Survivor was over.

I did hop on BDR and thank everyone and told everyone how much fun I had. Let’s face it: it was a BLAST! I got to get to know a few players a little better and plot and scheme and try to fight it out each tourney.

I hopped on IM and thanked each person I could. I think Very Josie thought I would be mad at her. I’m not. She may not get my vote if she makes final 2, but I know this game is nothing personal (we know now she did get my vote).

Heff still seemed annoyed. Brain didn’t respond (I know he voted for me). Heff didn’t vote because as they read the results he realized it didn’t matter. He said he wouldn’t vote if he didn’t have to. And since it didn’t matter, he didn’t bother. Muhctim had copied me on his vote to Buddydank so I knew he voted with me.

So Brain did switch to the other side, just as I had before. I don’t blame him, then again I don’t see what he has going that could be better than fighting it out with the Donkeys. He surely can’t imagine he will be going to final 3 with anyone over on the Fish.

I guess we will see.

As I spoke with my wife about it afterward, we agreed it was good and bad to be done. I had put a lot of time and “worry” into playing survivor. And I wanted to win it bad. But there was a lot of relief in being out of it now. I can’t imagine playing the same game with little food, little sleep, tons of bug bites, and all the other discomforts they put you through on the real show. And imagine investing all that time and effort for nothing

I hear they are doing a second season. If you want in, I suggest you keep an eye out. It will be a BLAST!

I surely hope I didn't offend anyone, but then again: as I told someone that I've recently become friends with: If you put your thoughts out on a blog for everyone to read, you better have thick skin or at least be able to let shit roll off you easily. I certainly have my fair share of enthusiastic fans <--sarcasm. 

Congrats to Very Josie for winning it all. I'm jealous. Not of the money, but because she won the title. If you don't love to win, don't play. It's never ever about the money.

Thanks for reading. I hope you have something in your life to be passionate about. 

Jamyhawk

5 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Yay Fans!

23skidoo said...

Well played sir, thanks for the 'behind the scenes' posts.

Josie said...

Thanks again for the vote, which I never thought I'd get from you. Obv very much needed. :)

It was never about the money - always the title.

Difficult, but surely a blast.

Jordan said...

It was a pleasure playing with you. If nothing else, I got to know you better, and as it turns out, that was a good thing. We share many of the same thoughts, including that mixed feeling of disappointment and relief after being voted out.

SmBoatDrinks said...

GG Jamy!