Monday, April 4, 2011

Survivor Post #3


Tournament #2 Mookie $10 deepstack

Prior to the second tournament, I heard from Jordan that Goat wanted to vote for BrainMC and then Muhctim 2nd. No reason to rock the boat, although I wanted to vote for Muhctim for voting for me. But I agreed and we were off to play another tournament with a plan in place.

This tournament fell into place for Team Donkey. When there were 7 players left, 5 of us were from Team Donkey (included is Numbono even though we voted him out). We easily won immunity and the idea that Team Donkey is stacked with better poker players surfaced. After securing immunity, I donked off my chips, not caring what happened other than surviving another vote.

Team Fish voted out Riggs. An obvious choice as he had not shown up to either challenge.

Tournament #3 $1 rebuy (rebuy period shortened to only 30 minutes).

Our alliance was still a secret. We threw around a few IM’s about keeping the voting plan the same and we were off for another tournament. A few blogs were starting to speculate that an alliance is out there but no names had been mentioned yet. 

I made sure to set the auto rebuy function on and then spewed at least 15 double rebuys. I couldn’t get any traction and was out shortly after the rebuy period ended. Jordan was out before me so I didn’t feel quite as much pressure as I would have being the first of Team Donkey out two weeks in a row. Heffmike won immunity for us, so we didn’t have to vote again.

Alcanthang was the last standing of Team Fish, so they voted him out. Hmmmm. That doesn’t make much sense other than if they worried he would be a shoe in for winning the whole game. Or maybe he asked people to vote for him? I didn’t put a whole lot of thought into it.

So far the majority of my communication had been with Jordan. I was starting to feel like I needed to open up other lines of communication. Not necessarily go behind Jordan’s back but it would be harder to blindside me if several people were talking to me about the game. Either someone would let it slip or I would be able to tell if they weren’t talking to me.

How do you get a girls attention? You tell her you don’t like her. VeryJosie had a post dedicated to her determination to take down Team Donkey, so I spiced things up a bit with a post of my own dedicated to her post. You can see it here.  Now that I had her attention, I knew it would make great sense for an alliance, especially since everyone else sees us fighting.

Here are the first chain of emails:


You know what would be funny? If you and I had a secret alliance and everyone thought we hate each other but we really worked together and controlled everyone after the merge and then we made it to the end.

That would be funny

Jamyhawk

Her reply:
You're idea is not only funny, but BRILLIANT.  I know you have like a 10 man alliance with all those fish - but take me to the end!  Trust me - they'd never vote for me so you'd be a shoe in.

Josie

So we good for an after merger alliance? pinky swear? Keep it mean on the blogs? If Team Donkey keeps the numbers, then we will just pick off Team Fish, but I'll make sure we keep you around. But you gotta keep me informed of what's going on over there. Who's doing what, you know?

Jamyhawk


Hmmm and you really wont try to fuck me - guarantee me that until there are like 5 peeps left.  I promise, I pinky swear, and I'll keep it mean (the fun part!).

Josie

So the communication is at least open. I forwarded everything to Jordan so he knew that my alliance with him is tight. I tried purposely not to mention anything about Jordan and our alliance to VeryJosie and she didn’t ask, so that was good. I wasn’t sure what we could do with her yet, but I wanted her in our back pocket just in case.

2 comments:

Josie said...

LOL Thanks for voting for me Jamy. You are too cool for school.

jamyhawk said...

You deserved it. You played a great game. Flew under the radar when it was important and then pounced at the right time to win it all.