Thursday, April 7, 2011

Survivor Post #6

Tournament #8 The Mookie $10 Deepstack

I played terrible. I got into several pots with Pushmonkey and after he had built up a stack I should have known it was all or nothing with him. I would raise with AK, miss the flop and he’d put the pressure on me. Or I would hit a piece of the flop, C-bet and he would come over the top of me.

There were other hands, where I just couldn’t get any traction. No big hands to speak of. I went out on this hand. Q10off in the cutoff and I limp after 2 limps in front of me. The small blind limps and the BB checks. Flop comes 2105 rainbow. It checks to me and I shove my 13 BB stack. Turtle calls from the BB with 52
ß”big blind special”. I don’t improve and I’m the first Survivor contestant out.

I sent a few more messages to VJ via IM to confirm we are good and then I BCC’d her my vote to Buddy of Kat. Kat didn’t show for the tourney so I had no worry that she would get immunity. VJ was excited. Smboatdrinks was the first fish out and got Heff’s and Brain’s votes. It was interesting to note though, that Kat didn’t even ship a vote. So her vote counted for herself. If Muhctim and I vote with the Donkeys it could have been a 4-4 tie with Kat’s vote deciding her fate against her. She would have still been out. That definitely made me glad we didn’t go the way of the Donkeys. I mean, Heff forgot to vote last round, Kat forgot this round. No offense people, but I’m playing this game to win. I need votes we can count on.

The other thing that was great now is that the power seemed to shift to VJ. So if anyone was preparing to launch a backstabbing attack, hopefully it will be directed at her, not me. I appeared loyal to her, but the power target is off of me. Now I only had to hope she won’t turn on me, but keep her word that we are going to the final 4.

Of course, this is when I sent this email to Muhctim:
So I guess Kat voted for herself. Duh! Scary if we were counting on her vote in our alliance and she forgets to vote. Not a problem now though, since she is gone.

Has Turtle contacted you anymore? Do you see a time we take Turtle and become a final 3? Or just fight it out with VJ? I definitely wouldn't want to be final 2 vs VJ.

Always have to keep your options open.

Muhctim replied:
he has  very vague-- i will see brain might be ripe  --reach out to him, again--i'll try turtle

I sent this to Brain:
You still have no interest in a final 3 deal? I think we could control the voting and guarantee final 3 with Muhctim.

Let me know.

Jamyhawk

Brain replied:
I'm on board.  We still need 2 more for voting control.  Who else can we count on this Sunday?

Brain

I replied:
Let me see if I can get Josie to agree to take out xkm. Don't say a word about our alliance. I don't want her to worry me and muhctim have another vote in our alliance. Once a fish is gone our 3 person alliance should be good to go. 

By the way, why the sudden change of mind?

He said:

After Goat and Jordan's departure, I discovered that I was on the chopping block each week but never got voted out because we were always winning immunity.  I saw the writing on the wall and realized I needed to get my butt in gear because my chances of winning immunity have been slim lately.  After all, isn't this what the best part of the game is all about?

I emailed VJ:

We good for xkm? you and boat are voting for him?


“Um, there's a problem.”

Damn! I knew that was it. I’m going home tonight. She threw out a line of bs: Things just aren't resolved.

some peep wants to vote you off and I do not/will not....but I got your back.  I'll get back to you tonight.  I think we have enough numbers to stop it.

I started to scramble to see what I could make happen. I fired off emails to the Donkey team pleading to vote together. Of course, I had gone back on them before so would be surprised if I could pull it off. Muhctim said he would vote with me, Brain did also.  Paranoia was at an all time peak for me. Maybe Muhtim was plotting against me too. I just don’t know.

Heff was not so enthusiastic.
Heff,
Ok. I know I may not have been your closest ally so far but I just spoke to muhctim and we agree the 4 donkeys need to vote together tonight.

Word I'm hearing from the fish is they are voting you out tonight. And I don't want that.

Who do you think we should vote for?
Jamyhawk

He replied:

Anyone but me? I want no part of your reindeer games.

No kidding they want to vote me out.

Since they can't vote me out unless one of you donkeys help, I'll know how who's responsible if it happens.

I think it's pretty cold all in all given recent events, but w/e. This isn't tiddly winks.

You give me a legitimate reason to vote a certain way, I'll do it.

I'm a complete free agent now. So sell me.
Even if I vote with the three of you that doesn't guarantee anything - only makes a 4-4 vote.
So you need to sell me on who else you've got.

Otherwise I guess I just need to run goot like I usually do. You want to chance that?

I made my case that we should all vote together, but Heff was standoffish. And rightfully so, I had agreed to vote with the Donkeys but never followed through. I told him I never promised my vote to him, but I will now. And I copied him on the vote to Buddydank so he knew I wasn’t going back on my word to vote with the Donkeys.

Here’s the conversation I had with VJ:
broncohawk7: so what's up?
Very Josie: i dunno dude
Very Josie: im voting heff
Very Josie: and boats voting u
Very Josie: blah
broncohawk7: you promised you are voting xkm
broncohawk7: that was our alliance
Very Josie: ya but it wont do any good
broncohawk7: so my vote wed night was worthless to you?
Very Josie: no!!!
Very Josie: i dont think we have enough votes
broncohawk7: who else is voting me?
broncohawk7: what?
broncohawk7: you don't talk to me anymore?
Very Josie: hi
Very Josie: sorry
Very Josie: alot of games going on
Very Josie: i dunno dude
Very Josie: i dunno what imma do
Very Josie: im gonna focus on the poker
Very Josie: and if you think we can get enough votes for xkm lemme know
broncohawk7: so why would you vote against smboat?
Very Josie: i think heff and boat may be a little too cozy
broncohawk7: i can't understand this. i give you exactly what you want on wednesday. you promise me xkm tonight and now you say you can't get your strongest alliance not to listen to you about voting tonight?>
broncohawk7: we were going us 4 final 4. what changed?
Very Josie: i effing tried
broncohawk7: so i pissed off boat?
Very Josie: not me. i will vote xkm tonight.
broncohawk7: i just don't understand why it all changed
broncohawk7: me and muhctim and good to go with you and boat
broncohawk7: and now boat is voting me?
broncohawk7: i'm not even a huge threat in this game
Very Josie: ya that's what i said
broncohawk7: and i know he's not voting alone
Very Josie: boat is gonna vote you i think
Very Josie: noo i dont think so
Very Josie: that's why i was trying to say vote heff
broncohawk7: so he has others and you aren't voting against boat
Very Josie: at least it aint u
Very Josie: i can get more votes for heff than xkm you know
Very Josie: that was my plan
broncohawk7: ok
Very Josie: u
Very Josie: me
Very Josie: muh hopefully
broncohawk7: i would be open to a change in the plan. but this is a change in the alliance
Very Josie: xkm
Very Josie: ya i say lets just get through tonight
broncohawk7: we agreed us 4 vote together
Very Josie: i think the boat and josie alliance is changing too
Very Josie: i hope not, but im worried
Very Josie: he doesnt seem agreeable to me anymoire
Very Josie: thats a baaaad sign
broncohawk7: just promise me you won't vote for me
Very Josie: def
Very Josie: promis
Very Josie: promise
broncohawk7: what if we vote boat out?

And to this last one, she never replied. I knew I was done. I made another attempt to contact Heff and hope for the 4-4 tie and a playoff:
Mike Heffner: fine. here's my pitch in reverse for you. you get the donks for vote for Josie and I follow. let her vote for me. we tie 4-4 and play HU tomorrow for everyone's amusement and I flip coins to stay alive.  I don't expect this to work, but I figure you all would rather try a 50-50 with me HU to get her out than anything else. and if you're hosing me, we'll, I've been done anyway.
Mike Heffner: at least that creates drama and INTRIGUE. I can deal with that.
broncohawk7: if that happens
broncohawk7: i'm with you to the end
broncohawk7: we vote 3 fish next and 4 donks fight out the final 4
Mike Heffner: fine, w/e.  I figure all of you can squash me whenever you want. At least this way I get to play my way on or off.

Then I had this conversation with Muhctim:
Mike Mitchum: you think we are out in the cold? turtle is not talking to me
broncohawk7: must be me
Mike Mitchum: which means me if you run deepest, or on wed
broncohawk7: yeah. well. i'll tell brain and heff we all vote josie?
Mike Mitchum: ok
broncohawk7: josie is all over the place
broncohawk7: promising me she will vote with us, but boat won't
broncohawk7: so we are screwed
broncohawk7: i still say we vote her

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might have been playing to win but any dolt knows that real life issues should take precedence over voting in a game where the prize is what, a few hundy? You wanna call me duh for dealing with a friend in distress, then I'm a duh. Whatev.

jamyhawk said...

OMG, Kat. I took this game WAY too seriously. As I said in earlier comments, it was just a game to me but one I tried very hard at.

You made the right decision and I didn't think any less of you for it at all. I don't care what issues you had to take care of (I didn't know it was a friend in distress), you had every right to blow off this game any time you wanted.

I was just making a point of what I was thinking at the time in the reference of the game only. I didn't think any less of you nor do I now. Actually, I read your blog and got to know a little about you, which I never would have without playing this game.

I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments.

Josie said...

This is so enlightening! It's true that I thought Boat was about to turn on me. Even though I am soooo sick of Survivor, you've written about a particularly interesting part of the series (to me anyway)....so I will be posting my version of this same time.

Again, good stuff here.

Josie said...

Jeez, you have 5 kids??? Holy moly!

jamyhawk said...

Why do you think I am always muted on BDR? There's always one of them still running around yelling or screaming.

Mike Heffner said...

Ah, to get a chance to quote MacBeth...

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing"

I worked like 1/10th this hard and at least I made it one more tourney. But don't think I wasn't trying early on...

LOL at worrying about me and Boat getting cozy - that was a nice touch, VJ.

Josie said...

Heff it was true! I really thought you took him from me!

Katitude said...

J babes, just wanted to clarify...no offense taken at all! Yours and Jordan's posts made me wish I had more of the Survivor mindset, but like Jordan said about me, I'm just here for the socializin' *grin. I was glad of the chance to get to know you better & hope to play poker with you again soon!