Friday, April 18, 2008

Up, Up and Away.....


This would be a "happy-chart" if it were tracking my poker winnings. Unfortunately, it is tracking the 10 year treasury which closely parallels 30 year mortgage rates. Monday, the par rates for a 30 year mortgage were about 5.5% and now it is 6.25%. I don't really expect the rates to continue rising at this rate, however, it does illustrate the volatility we are seeing in the mortgage rates. A rise of 3/4 point should take a few weeks or a month or more, not 4 days.

Hopefully, they will settle back down next week.

If you haven't seen it, there is a great post here discussing semi-bluffing. Definitely check it out.

I hit 4th in a 45 player SNG last night. I sucked out twice to make it that far. Once, my AJ all in steal was called by AK. Jack on the flop and I stay alive with around 20 players left. I don't remember the other one, but it illustrates the fact that you have to get lucky once in a while to make it deep. You CAN do it without sucking out I suppose, but that would require you win all your races and you make perfect reads to never get your cards in behind. That seems to be just as lucky as sucking out, IMO.

Hope you kill the tables this weekend.

Stay patient.....

No comments: