Monday, April 28, 2008

Aaahoo, werewolves of London


What is the relevance of this first picture? It is the clothes hamper in my hallway. I'll tell you why I posted it in a minute.

I played several tourneys Friday night and it was a +Bankroll night for me. But I didn't make any major scores. 70/1290 in 28K guarantee, 7 of 549 in $3 KO, and 6 of 18 in a Tier 1 SNG. I managed to cash in 3 of the 6 tournaments I played in. All fun, but again, no major score.

I'm trying to make a lucko or an LJ type score. Maybe soon. Take a look at lucko's blog to get some good tips on MTT play. And check out Vinnay. I kept thinking of his "blind play" when I was playing. No. Not playing from the blinds, rather playing without looking at your cards. I didn't do it, but I tried to imagine how I would play the hand regardless of my cards. As he said: it "reminds you of the importance of image, and really makes you pay attention to what the rest of the table is doing". See his post here for more. I know it is online and there are no physical tells, but you can still read your opponents somewhat.

So here is why I posted that first picture. Just before going to bed, we always check on the babes to make sure everyone is still in their bed, needs to be covered, is sleeping, etc. Panic set in quickly when we couldn't find my 3 year old, and just before I was going to start searching outside of my house: my wife found him here-------->










In this picture, he was still sound asleep. He woke up briefly when we were getting him out and said he was hiding from the monsters in his room. He had a blanket, pillow and a book with him. How can you get mad at him for that?

Thanks to my iphone to always have a decent camera on me.

Stay patient...

8 comments:

smokkee said...

awesome pic!

smokkee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smokkee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OhCaptain said...

Wow. I can imagine the horror of not finding him in bed where he's supposed to be. How on earth did your wife think to look in the hamper. Can't say that it would be in my top 10.

jamyhawk said...

To be honest: I would have called the police before looking in the hamper. She just happened to think, he hid in there once before while playing, maybe he is in it now.

RaisingCayne said...

I totally called it. ...

When you posted the pic of the hamper, I immediately was thinkin' "I bet he's got a son in there!"

I see a recurring theme on the blog here: "This week in 'Guess Where I Found My 3-Year Old'".

jusdealem said...

Hiding from the monsters. Awww LOL

4dbirds said...

That is just totally adorable.