Monday, December 1, 2008

Rebuy anyone?

I am really starting to love the rebuy tournaments. First of all, you get all the idiots who go all in on any draw. Even AK with any board, they are shoving hoping to hit high pair. I'll see more pots early in the tournament but keep the preflop bets as low as possible (Daniel Negranue style) and when you connect on a flop, you can get paid off well. Then after the rebuy time is over, it's tournament style as usual. Hopefully you have built up a nice sized chip stack from all the rebuys.

The second reason I love them is that there is so much extra prize money pumped in from the rebuys. So even if you finish the rebuy period with a below average chip stack, there is a lot more cash you are playing for with less players to beat for it. I will typically rebuy right away to maximize my doubling potential and then buy the add on.

Here are two I played simultaneously and ended up fairing well in both. I really hate missing that first place money though.

This one I finished 7th out of 205. I was really disappointed I did not finish higher, especially since I was chip leader for awhile when we were down to 2 tables. I did one rebuy as soon as the tournament started and 1 add on for a total of $93 dollars invested.




Here I finished 4th of 230 but since it was a lower buy in, it paid less than the 7th place finish above. I was never chip leader, so was pretty happy where I finished. I was dead tired though as this one finished around 6am my time. Luckily, I was already scheduled off for a vacation day. I did one rebuy and then the add on for a total of $15.50 invested. A much higher ROI, fore shore!



I'm starting to try to learn Omaha more. I have been playing Omaha for 10+ years and understand the game play and the differences from Texas Hold 'em, but I have never studied and don't understand the best starting hands, best hands after the flop, etc., like I know in Hold'em. Anyone with any shortcuts, I would greatly appreciate it. So far, I am finding that PL Omaha High is my favorite and it seems pretty easy to win.

I took a vacation day today and spent all day with Hawkette and all the little Hawks. It was a fantastic day. We did a whole lot of nothing but spent the entire day together. It was great. I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself too involved in the routines you have.

Stay patient...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nice run you've been on.