Monday, December 29, 2008

I made a nice little score this weekend in an $8 tournament. I played it on a "whim" at 1am my time on Saturday night. I had nothing going on Sunday, so figured it might last 2-3 hours. After 2 1/2 hours we still had 20 people left, but I was in first place, so had to stay awake.



At the 3rd break, with 14 players left, I've dropped to 5th place. I no longer have the same "bully" affect on my table that I did with the chip lead, so I sit back and wait patiently for good hands or to make the final table. It's 4:19am my time and I am pinching myself to stay awake.



At the final table, players dropped like flies. I don't know if it was because of the time or because we went to the final table with 8 players (2 people went out at the same time). I almost just sat back and watched everyone going out.

Then with 3 players left, I had about $20,000 in chips and the other 2 players had over 100K. I get A4 sooted on the button and shove and get called by KQ off. King on the flop and I don't improve. I could have probably waited a bit longer, but I was under 10BB's and felt that was a good shove hand 3 handed in position. What do you think?


I really need to stop playing the bigger field tournaments like this late at night. At least for the smaller buy-ins. I wasn't as dead tired the morning after I won $6000+ (I had too much adrenaline flowing). But to stay up all night for $168, wears me out. I did manage to win a 45 player SNG at the same time I was playing this, so overall, I won $339.

Hope the tables are treating you well. Stay patient....

No comments: