Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Could you fold this?

59 players left and 36 get paid. The table has been getting more aggressive. I call a 5x bet that came from UTG +1. I am UTG+2. We get 1 caller from the big blind. So I am happy we have 3 players in the pot. Flop comes and first player checks and UTG raises to half his stack and puts me all in. You don't lay this down, do you?


**EDIT: $mokkee's comment is right. I didn't think of it that way. I was a 75% or better favorite pre-flop (depending on what the other villian had). After the flop, regardless of my read on the betting action, I am only a 52% favorite. So even though I figured out what the villian had, I was flipping a coin. And I don't typically like to flip a coin for my tournament life especially that late in the tournament.

3 comments:

smokkee said...

looking at the hole cards it was a coin flip after that flop. if you're willing to smooth call raises with AA pf you have to be able to let it go on scary flops. that is one scary flop with two black aces.

OhCaptain said...

Smokey is right. Trusting your read on this put the decision of whether or not to call a coin flop. You gotta believe that with your read and a flop like this, your villian has a number of outs. Survive to live another day.

jonet said...

I truly appreciate this article post. osg777 Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.