Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tag -you are it.

The Rules: Rules are posted at the beginning. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 people and posts their names. Then the player goes to each of the “named” people’s blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. If you’ve been tagged, you do the same, letting the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer. They, in turn, answer the following questions.

  1. What was I doing 10 years ago: I was 3 years into a marriage that was just about to take a turn for the worst. We didn't fight at all the first 3 years. Not just a little, I mean NOT AT ALL. Then we went through 3 years of catch up where all the things I did wrong in the first 3 years were now handled as "you always do that and I hate it". Then why didn't you say so? "I thought you would change/grow up/morph/???". The kicker was when we had a blow up about me doing something wrong at a party 18 months prior. I might have done something wrong, but don't wait 18 months to bring it up. I couldn't freakin' remember the party, much less what I did there. And she didn't care much for kids (and I had 2 already and wanted more). That didn't work well with me. Anywho, I was divorced shortly after, and am sooooooo much happier today.
  2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today:
    • Catch up on a couple of blogs.
    • Get this post done that I have known about for about a week.
    • Get enough work done to just be productive for the day
    • Call my 7 year old after school to see how his first day in a new school district was.
    • Go straight from work to a fantasy football draft, then rush home to try to get there before my wife falls asleep (so we can talk -right?)
  3. Snacks I enjoy: chocolate anything and beer
  4. Places I've lived: Colorado Springs, CO - Saint Louis, MO - Denver, CO - Lake Saint Louis, MO - Lakewood, CO - Wentzville, MO
  5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Start a company where kids can work at and learn to become adults. They could work around High School or College, Sports, Activities, Weekends. It is so hard for teenagers to find a job that they can work a few hours or only weekends or one day a week. And most of the jobs don't teach them much other than: don't grow up to work full time in a fast food restaurant. Then I would make sure my wife and kids were happy and I would coach kids sports full time (*and of course play lots of high limit poker. Just because I could).
And I'm too freakin' busy to go tag a bunch of people, so if you are reading this and you haven't done it yet: YOU ARE TAGGED BY JAMYHAWK. Do it now!

No comments: