Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fantasy Draft

So here we go again. Last year, I got a D for my draft from my online critics and so I tried to make a change in my roster. I traded Tom Brady away for Matt Lienert prior to the season starting. That move was an F and my season sucked balls.

Here's this season's draft results:

Pick Position Name
5th RB Steven Jackson
20th RB Willis McGahee
29th WR Chad Johnson
44th QB Matt Hasselback
53rd WR Santonio Holmes
68th TE Dallas Clark
77th RB Matt Forte
92nd WR Nate Burleson
101st DEF Green Bay Packers
116th QB Donovan McNabb
125th WR Vincent Jackson
140th K Adam Vineteri
149th TE Donald Lee
164th DEF Seattle Seahawks
173rd K Robbie Gould

You can obviously see that I picked as if no one on my team will get hurt. If everyone did stay healthy and played well, I have no issues with bye weeks or backups. Maybe that was dumb, as a lot of guys will take 1 defense or 1 kicker only and plan to pick up another one later in the season. But our transactions cost $1 per drop, per add, and per trade. So I figured I would make the best team I could and plan on minimal transactions.

So what's your grade for me?

6 comments:

BWoP said...

You picked Donovan!

A+++++ in my book.

Then again, my fantasy football league makes fun of me for drafting Eagles. I might not be able to make the draft this year, so they are threatening to give me "best available Eagle" for each round.

steeser said...

C+ Your first 3 picks are great, but after that it went south. Forte as your 3 RB? With McGahee #2 after having his knee scoped?

Hasselback in the 4th is WAY too high, and that's not even factoring in Branch and Engram out and Hackett gone. You could have waited on QB and still ended up with McNabb.

Burleson in the 8th was nice, but overall, meh.

Schaubs said...

don't really like your WR's at all... sorry.

I don't mind Forte, it's his job for the taking, and they really don't have anyone else.

I assume that other rookie RB's were already taken?

Overall I give you a C+ as well.

Steven Jackson 5th? I guess.

RaisingCayne said...

B+... I actually dont mind your WRs: as Ocho Cinco is a perennial stud, Santonio Holmes had a very decent season last year and is looking to improve even more, and Nate Burleson is now Hasselback's only solid starter going into the season, and has some big potential. Love the QBs as I'm a very biased Hawk fan plus McNabb is the best backup you could ask for, with potential for some big numbers. I only take issue with the RB choices, as while you have a solid two, you really chose a sleeper for your ONLY backup at fantasy football's most important position. Forte.? You could end up with this year's Ryan Grant, but it could also be this year's Lamont Jordan... and I'm thinking the latter is more likely.

1Queens Up1 said...

My .02 as a fellow avid fantasy-er.
As of right now im way down on your first pick, contract years normally = good production, but the dude isnt even in camp yet (unless i missed some news), so IF he comes back hes gonna be rusty for at least first 2-3 games.

Even with 12 peeps in your league there had to be someone more serviceable at RB then McGahee. Ravens will have a crappy O and Ogden retired, so who knows how good the line will be.

I like Chad, and I like Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck is underrated, the guy has a 20/10 3000 season almost every year, but I agree with Scahubs he probably would have slipped all the way to your 6th pick potentially.

I like Clark and Jackson, but the rest of your picks make me say "meh".

I'll give you a C-.

Unknown said...

D+

The tribe has spoken...

(Snuffs out flame)

With your luck 7-6 missing the playoffs.

Sorry IT