Friday, March 14, 2008

More self evaluation

I really need to keep self evaluating. I've been trying to play more by position than by the cards. I'm also learning to throw away more hands. For example, I'm holding JJ on the button and EP player raises, MP re-raises all in, I fold. EP shows AJ and MP shows A9 and the AJhigh wins it. But I don't mind. A few hands later I'm in the cutoff with JJ and get two limpers ahead of me, I shove and get one caller with AQ. I believe this is what they call fold equity? I'm not really sure as I haven't studied that yet. My Jacks held up. But more importantly, I'm learning to play less hands out of position.


I've folded a lot of AQ and even some AK's lately. It's helped as I have come off the big slide I had (look at the graph below), but I still have a lot of work to do to get back to the positive. I've cashed in 4 of the last 8 tournaments played in, and that is definitely good.


I don't want to say that I've tightened up completely, but I have when in early and middle positions. That has definitely helped keep me out of hands where TPWK gets killed.


Anyway, here are my stats from Sharkscope:

There was a huge slide down from around +150$ to -200$ that was mostly due to me trying to get cute and play $20 and $30 buyins. And don't get me wrong, I was playing horrible poker too at all the levels.
I think I can get back to positive by staying with my "Position-Playing" and by staying with the $5 and under limits. Once I can get back into the positive, I will start moving up levels. Although I feel like I can crack the $10 KO tourneys, but haven't succeeded in that yet...
Oh, and don't forget about the BBT3. I should be settled in my house enough to get into it starting next week. You gotta be playing in these events, if you are not yet...
And if you are an animal lover or you just want to play poker with a bunch of the Full Tilt Pros, go to Riggstad's blog and check out how to play in Jen Harmon's Private tournament on Sunday night.
I hope you are doing well at the tables.
Stay patient...

No comments: