Thursday, July 12, 2007

Solved some of the problem

I made a huge difference in how often I get kicked off of FT. I shut down my kids shareware programs (Bittorrent and Limewire). I had two other computers on our network downloading and uploading movies and music at the same time I was trying to play on FT. Needless to say, I was getting kicked off about every 15 minutes.

Last night I played for 3 hours on FT and was kicked off once. It was refreshing.

I missed the Mookie so I could paint French doors. My BABYGIRL's first birthday is this Saturday, so we are trying to get a bunch of projects done.
I managed to clean up everything and then sat down to play in the Dookie, but it said "seating" when I brought up the list of tournaments and was closed by time I brought up the lobby.

I played .25/.50 limit HE and ended up doing quite well (cashed out up 50BB). I also tried a token frenzy tournament for the first time and won a token. I was kind of confused when we were down to 5 and the tournament continued. On Pokerstars, the tournaments end when the prize is the same to the top finishers. Everyone at the table kept playing so I did too, just in case something happened. Nothing did. I finished first and got the same thing I would have for 5th. And the weird thing is, I thought it would be all-in every hand after we all tied for 5th, but everyone really was trying to take first. I was buying pots almost every hand. Why fold anything at that point? I played any two cards and lucked into first. Maybe I'll figure out how to post screen shots someday so I can show some of the more interesting hands from FT.

Congratulations to Crazdgamer for taking first in the Mookie, to Katitude for taking 2nd and to Willwonka for taking 3rd! I thought Katitude might give up on tournament play, based on her post from Tuesday and then she takes down 2nd place on Wednesday. It's funny how quickly your "perceived" poker luck can change.

I am going to try to get in the riverchasers tonight. 9pm is just a bit early for me to start playing, but I am going to try.

Otherwise, I may see you at the cash tables.

No comments: