Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back on FullTilt

OK. I have to admit. I have never done well on Fulltilt. It seems that if I had a straight on Pokerstars, I win. A straight on FT, a flush beats me. A boat on Pokerstars wins; on FT a higher boat or straight flush comes. . . Just has seemed that way to me.
Now I want to play in the blogger tournaments, so I will give FT another try. Plus, Rakeback is a nice option. And the bonus money is better, too.
But here is my question: On FT, I seem to get disconnected a lot. Almost once every 15 minutes. Is this normal? I noticed others at my table getting disconnected once in a while, but didn't really track how often everyone went down. Then I went to pokerstars to see what my connection speed is (you can see your speed while sitting at any table) and it said 100%. So, I wasn't sure if my speed was cutting in and out or if it was something with FT.
And, it almost seemed to slow down every time I was betting in a hand. Now I have to figure that must be my imagination. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a setting I am missing? Just curious if anyone has any ideas to help me.

And what about the sounds on FT? I have had this problem for the last 6 months. When I log in, I hear the tournament just fine. I can look away, if necessary, and hear the chips going and then a beep when it is my turn. But after about 15 minutes or so, the sounds no longer work on FT. Even when I can play my other media devices without interuption, my FT table wouldn't put out any sounds. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks

2 comments:

gadzooks64 said...

Yeah, I have that same issue.

There was a time when I NEVER got disconnected from FTP. It's not like it happens every 15 mins but it does happen.

I've given up on the sound. Ages ago I would lose the sound if I multitabled. Now it just lags.

I'm sure some of it is due to PT and GT+ running in the background.

Ordered another 1GB of ram, we'll see if that helps.

WillWonka said...

I don't play as much as I used to but yes, I did get disconnected at least once a night. I would be fine on the other sites that I was playing at the same time as I usually have 3 or 4 table going. They certainly had some growing pains; but it seems better to me. Give them a chance and see how it goes.

I don't use sound so I can't comment on that.