Friday, July 6, 2007

4th of July week

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. Here's a quick synopsis of what I did.

Monday-worked 8:30am to 7pm.
-played in a 360 player $5 +.50. Finished in 48 (12 out of the cash). I was in 5th place when I donked out in just 3 hands. I really need to work on my late middle play.

Tuesday-took the day off of work so I could install french doors in my current residence. 8am-3pm. "Wait" you say? "That is way too long for that type of project". Yes, you are correct. I had existing trim in an opening and figured the doors would fit after removing said trim. The opening was 1/4" too small. Imagine what happens when you use a circular saw in your home, cutting through drywall and a 2x4, being careful to avoid cutting the hardwood floors. Needless to say, I made a mess. But I was successful! French doors are in. Now to prime, paint and put up new trim. But that can be done another day.
Played in 4 tournaments (2 MTT and 2 SNG's). Finished in the money in 3 of the 4. . . 8 person HORSE $5 buy in, finished 2nd; 9 player $5 NLHE, finished 1st; 60 player $11.70 NLHE, finished 38th; and finally 1287 $3.30 NLHE, finished 186 (which paid $5). . . . I feel pretty confident in my final table play, just need some work on my middle tournament play.

Wednesday- Went out on the boat (we live on a lake) at 9am. Watched a ski show and swam. Relaxed in the afternoon. Back out in the evening to swim and watch the fireworks from the water. A truly great experience on the 4th of July!

Thursday-back to work. Ooops. Overslept. Forgot to reset alarm from being off Tuesday and Wednesday and the kids slept 1 hour and 15 minutes later than normal. Usually the 1 and/or 2 year old will wake me up prior to 7:30am, so making it to work on time is a given for me.
Thursday night had a crazy dream, but not as crazy as lj's, where I smoked a cigarette for the first time in almost 3 years (I quit after 18 years of 1 - 2 packs a day, on August 8th, 2004). The cigarette was really, really good. But, just a dream. Still satisfying.

Friday -work a full day. Now looking at finishing a few things with the french doors and attempt to get in some tournament play tonight. Have a T-ball game at 8am Saturday and meet with the pastor at 10am to go over the babies baptism on Sunday, so need to get to sleep by 3am. Monday, I will reload for Fulltilt and see if I can play some Blogger tournaments.

Until then, stay patient...

2 comments:

lj said...

hey! hope to see you in the math on monday -- i'm planning to play if work cooperates.

funny bout cigarette dream, i've definitely had a cigarette or two in my dreams since quitting on march 4th. i've quit for several years at a time before, and allowed myself a relapse while i lived in europe, but now done for good. 18 years is a long time, congrats!!

lj said...

hey! hope to see you in the math on monday -- i'm planning to play if work cooperates.

funny bout cigarette dream, i've definitely had a cigarette or two in my dreams since quitting on march 4th. i've quit for several years at a time before, and allowed myself a relapse while i lived in europe, but now done for good. 18 years is a long time, congrats!!