Monday, January 18, 2010

45 player super turbos (start with 300 chips)

You have got to be playing these. Or at least at some level. Over the last 120 days, I have played 56 at the $3.80 level. That's a total of $212.80 in buy ins. I have a total of 5 first place finishes plus several other cashes for a total of $467.64 in winnings. That's a profit of $254.84 or 120% ROI.

At the next level up ($7.50 buy in), I've played 36 tournaments for $270 in buy ins. I have $331 in winnings or $61 in profit (23% ROI).


And finally, at the $15 level, I have played 7 tournaments for a total of $105 in buyins with $63 in winnings. That's -$42 in winnings or a -40% ROI. (I think I could come out +ROI on these with more tournaments played, I just need a bigger bankroll to feel comfortable playing these on a regular basis).

Here are some key points to know if you play these:
*A typical 45 player super turbo lasts 35 minutes if you finish in first place. This is a HUGE reason for me to play. A lot of potential return for a short period of time.
*1 double up will get you to the final 18.
*2 double ups will get you to the final 12 (assuming you are at about 800 in chips).
*If you can get your stack up to $1,200 in chips, you should final table.
*If you final table, you should cash. It's rare that I final table without cashing, although it does happen.
*Try to only shove unopened pots. A lot of people shove with any Ace, so a shove with 77 after someone else's shove is -EV. A shove from anywhere with 77 is +EV.
*Wait for premium hands. AA, KK, QQ and AK are all a must. Unopened pots in late positions can shove JJ, 1010, AQ and KQsooted. Everything is shove or fold. Once you get down to final 15 or so you can start playing normal poker depending on your stack size.
Good luck. Let me know if you like these too.

2 comments:

TripJax said...

Love'em...add a little Rush Poker and I'm in poker heaven...

edgie212 said...

Big fan of your blog...I've joined the ranks myself and I give you credit for my recent win!

http://edgiespokeropus.blogspot.com/2010/01/holy-shitballs-late-nite-super-turbo.html

Hope ou get the chance to add me to your list.