Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"There was one?"

What an incredibly awesome quote from a movie I haven't seen in probably over 10 years. Do you know it? The line before it is: "Son; There ain't no draft no more".

Anyway, I've been super swamped with fooball and life. I got home last night from football at 9pm and the whole house was dark. My wife and toddlers had already gone to sleep. I hate that. It sucks to leave for work early in the morning and get home after everyone is asleep. Maybe once in a while isn't bad, but 3 nights a week I do it now.

Of course, I volunteered so it's my own fault. Coaching is fun. I love watching these kids learn. It's fun to see how far they can go. Most of my kids have never played football; a lot of them have never even watched it. So to see them go out and run plays now, is awesome. I just hope we can be competitive on the field. We have 6 out of 22 kids that have played before and most of the other teams we play have the opposite ratio (6 new kids and 22 experienced). But we are progressing.

Tomorrow night is my 3rd "wannabe poker series" tournament. I fared better in the 2nd one lasting all the way until 12th. Hawkette finished 5th and is now ranked 8th on the leaderboard. It's a long season, so no worries here. Wish me luck.

Did anybody do any good on Fulltilt Poker this weekend? It seems a lot of people did. I increased my bankroll by 75%, I have a friend that hit a big tourney for 7K, and another that won almost $1200 in a $75 SNG. It's great to hear when people are doing good.

I just drafted for fantasy football. It was so bad, I'm not even sure I can post it on here for critique this year. I'm in two different leagues and it appears I will do poorly in both. But..... I made some great waiver wire moves last year and took FIRST PLACE in one, so who knows what will happen.

Hope the tables treat you right! Stay patient....

1 comment:

WillWonka said...

I made 12 cents over the weekend. I guess it beats losing.