Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend wrapup

I managed to play poker Friday night and cashed in more than half of the tournaments I played in. Problem was that none of them were huge. See below from official poker rankings website:

I did finally win a $75 super turbo. Have you played these yet? You start with 300 chips and the blinds go up every 3 minutes. Tight play is rewarded. I have won one at every level I can think of ($169, $75, $30, $15 and $4), but it seemed to take forever to get a first place win at the $75 level.

I like them because they take 20 minutes or so to play and if you can double up early, you can basically fold to the money. Win 2 hands and you have a great shot of taking first place. There is really no poker skill necessary until you get 3 handed. And even then it is questionable if you will need any skill to win. The nice thing is to watch a bunch of people slapping chips around while you wait for a big hand to shove with.

I got creamed again in fantasy football this weekend. My survivor pick was Green Bay, but with a lot of people taking Detroit as a potential upset, I changed it just before kickoff to Seattle. They won't lose at home to the 49er's, right??? Wrong! I'm out in week 2. My ffl team is down by 23 points going into tonight and the only thing I need is 24 or more points by McNabb to win. I don't really see that happening against Dallas. Maybe, I'll get lucky and suckout....

And I finally broke down and bought the first season of LOST. Everyone says it is so good and I haven't seen 1 single episode. Hawkette and I plan on diving into that now that Big Brother is wrapping up. We do have Survivor starting up soon, but we are excited to see this "LOST" that everyone raves about.

Saturday night I saw Cheap Trick. They were fabulous as always. Best band I have ever seen live by far. This time, I had to pay $150 a ticket since they were billed with Heart and Journey. I saw Heart twice 20+ years ago and they were terrible both times. This time they were alright. Ann Wilson has such a great voice, so I really enjoyed that. Journey was "blah". The lead singer they have now, "sounds like" Steve Perry. But he's not Steve Perry. Journey was the first concert I ever went to and I loved Journey. This time, I wasn't impressed and left about half way through their set. I was really only there for Cheap Trick. I just wish they were the headliners...

Hope the tables are treating you goot! Stay patient.....

1 comment:

SirFWALGMan said...

Even worse I am still in. :P.