Thursday, September 11, 2008

Typical Day

I guess my posting has been pretty weak lately. I'm consumed with work, life, poker, etc. . .

My typical day:
6am -wake up, get myself ready and get kids ready (with hawkette's help)
7:30am -leave for work with kids. drive 45 minutes to their daycare which is right by my work.
8:30am -start work
5:00pm -Tues and Thurs -change clothes in car and race to make 6:00pm football practice. As an assistant coach, it's not critical if I am late, but I make it as long as no major traffic jams.
6:30pm -Mon, Wed -leave work. get home just in time to see my 2 and 3 year old for about an hour before they go to bed.
8:30pm -Mon, Wed -kids go to bed. I clean up a few things and settle in to play poker some time between 9-10pm
8:30pm -Tues and Thurs -I get home. 2 and 3 year old get kissed good night. kids go to bed. I clean up a few things and settle in to play poker some time between 9-10pm.
12am-2am -Depending on how poker goes, I go to sleep somewhere in here. If I am doing poorly, I will tend to keep playing "one more" until I can end on a cash (a positive note).
(Friday through Sunday is the non-stop parade of birthday parties, kids sports, family events, etc., but still leaves late nights free for poker).

So really, I would prefer to sleep a full 6 hours. And if I get online to play poker at 9:30pm that only leaves about 2 1/2 hours for a tournament. Not enough time for anything really decent. That's why I play a lot of single table and 2 table SNG's. The 90 player turbo tournaments finish in about 2 hours, but I hate the KnockOut format. I would rather see the prize money go into the winnings rather than get spread around throughout the tournament to people that might not even finish in the top 50%.

Of course, the nights I don't play poker I might be watching Big Brother 9, or doing a project around the house, or playing live poker, or maybe just catching up on my sleep.

Hope the tables are treating you right...
Stay patient.

No comments: