Thursday, September 18, 2008

Live poker is so RIGGGGED!

So rigged. I played in my monthly WSOP wannabe tournament last night. I was card dead for the first hour, but managed to stay right at my starting stack amount. There were several "good" players at my starting table, but what tilted me was the calling station. She was calling every pre-flop raise and then most post flop bets. Worse than that, she was getting slapped on the ass by the deck. It was banging her hard!

I'll save the miserable details of the 5 straights and 1 flush she hit. The first big hand I lost to her I had AQ and bet preflop and every street. She called every bet and then bet out on the river. I had to call to see, and she flipped over 84off for a rivered straight.

A few hands later, I picked up QQ UTG+1. Blinds were 100/200 so I raised to 700 (that left me about 900 in chips). She was in the SB and was my only caller. The flop came Q106 rainbow. She checked and I did as well. Next card was a J. She bet into me and I re-raised all in. She quickly called and said "I hope you don't have a Queen". She flipped over 108 off for the pair of 10's. The dealer flipped over the river 9 and started pushing the chips to me. I pointed out the straight as I threw up all over the table.... BLECHHHHHHHHHHHH.

OK. So I didn't throw up, but I wanted to. She was out of the tournament a few rounds later, as she couldn't suck out every time.

So I ask: Is it more frustrating to get outplayed or to get sucked out on?

I say getting sucked out on. If someone outplays me, shame on me. I will learn from that though. If I outplay someone and then get sucked out on, I learn NOTHING! So frustrating.

And the worst news of all of this, is that I drop to 2nd place overall in the standings. I can make it back up. I just hate to lose... As I'm sure you do too.

Stay patient....

No comments: