Friday, June 29, 2007

And then there was this

This really is not the dream hand because you figure not to have any betting value. But look at the bet my opponent makes:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comflopturnriver.com/ (Format: Plain Text)
MP (t3130)
Jamyhawk (t1405)
Button (t2140)
SB (t3045)
BB (t1285)
UTG (t2495)

Preflop: Jamyhawk is CO with Js, 6s.
2 folds,

Jamyhawk raises to t150 (I hope to steal the blinds)
1 fold
SB calls t125
1 fold.
Flop: Jd, Jh, Jc (holy sh**. dream flop if I had already gone all in)

SB bets t2895 (All-In) (What? Did I miss something? Doublecheck. Nope. AA won't take it from me. I call.)

Jamyhawk calls t1255
Turn: 7d
River: 8h

Final Pot: t4500

Then about 45 minutes later:
Dear jamyhawk,
You finished the tournament in 1st place.

9 player SNG: 1st place. OK, so I am not the worst player in the world. I did have 1 suckout that helped. I was the chip leader and had my opponent covered but a loss on this hand would have crippled me.

I am under the gun with 1010 and raise 3x BB. The CO re-raises me to 7x BB total. I call.

Flop comes Qh9sJh.

Now I am first to act and figure I have a ton of outs if I am behind. My opponent has been Loose all night and at best description is LAG. I want to push on him but know I could be behind. Best case, I put him on QJ, but more likely KQ. I figure I have a 4o% chance of winning if I am behind (2 10's, 4K's or 48's). So I push all in (now a bet that is equal to the pot), hoping he has small pocket pair or drawing cards...... and ...

He instacalls and flips over KK. Oooooohhhhh. My favorite. He should have folded. Although I was initally nervous, I quickly realized that my blog is all about the Cowboys going down, so I watched the Js turn and 8c river and said a "Hollah" when I went into 2nd place in the tournament with my rivered straight.

Staying patient.

1 comment:

lj said...

hahahaha. enjoying your blog, and look forward to talking strat w/ another low limit player.