Wednesday, June 20, 2007

About those Cowboys

Another good example on how a good player knows the value (or lack of value) of KK. I am quoting from The SNG Machine :
Second hand of the tournament I get KK and almost crap myself. I never get hands like this in live events, so what do I do? I limp of course to try and get someone to raise so I can just call and make the hand more confusing for all of us :) The button makes it 250, I call, crazy asian female dealer calls. Flop is Ace high and I insta-muck. I got KK again later, this time I raised, 3 callers, Ace high flop again, all check to me in position so I have to fire. I get check raised and pitch it, guy shows me A3, nh sir! JJ later on, same story, Ace on flop....

Here are some other great examples of what KK can get you from gadzooks64: click here

I was looking at Highhandpoker's evolution of a poker player: fish-donkey-man-shark . Would you agree that the fish and the donkey are all in pre-flop with KK every time? Or maybe the donkey thinks he will slow play you, and then you can win with A's or two pair or set or etc... because he will think the KK is a nuts hand in and of itself.

I guess my point is, learning how and when to fold KK will improve your game.

Thanks for letting me borrow your quote, Chad and for the screen shots gadzooks64.

No comments: