Thursday, March 24, 2011

Survivor Post #1


Survivor 2011
Here is my attempt to detail my time on Survivor.

I had been pretty busy at work, so was hardly catching any blog posts and only occasionally posting myself. I don’t know how, but I ran across a blog touting a Survivor based series. Now, I consider myself an A-List survivor fan, having seen every single episode since it inception. I had to find out more.

It had been over a week since the offer to sign up for Survivor had been posted. I went into a panic. I HAVE to get on this. I know every trick, trap and lie that was ever on the show. I would have a real good shot of winning this thing.

I looked on every blog I could but I couldn’t find any news saying that Survivor was full. So I fired off the entry fee to Buddydank just as fast as I could log into my fulltilt account. Hopefully it won’t take but 15 minutes for him to respond. OK, maybe a few hours. By tomorrow? A day or two?

4 –YES, 4 long days later I got the email confirming I was in. Wow. YES! ßfist pump

“So sad” you say? Well, if there was going to be a Survivor, I had to be on it. This was my show. I didn’t care how it was structured or what the rules were, I’d find a way to work around them and win this thing!

Now that I was in, I had to start working on alliances. It’s never too early to work on alliances. But who should I contact first? I’ve traded comments on posts a few times with Heffmike, so why not him?

The first email went like this:
Subject: Re: heff here, what's up?
Survivor. I saw your blog that you don't know a whole lot about it. I actually have some experience with it. It looks like Buddy and Goat set it up to work a lot like the actual realty show.

In any case, it's important to have alliances to go far in the game. I think you and I and Jordan should align together. I can go into more detail later after I hear from Jordan.

What do you think? Want to try to win this thing?

Heff’s reply was:

That's fine by me. I really don't have any fish to fry here. I'm willing to be a lemming.
Other than I will vote Numbbono off every week unless I have a reason to vote for someone else.

I think this will be a lot of silly fun for however long I last.

Let’s analyze this a bit. That’s fine by me ß a whatever type statement. So I know right away he is not fired up about winning this thing.  A good person to align with probably but not a person to make a “Final 2” alliance. What is a “Final 2” alliance? It is the “you and me to the end”, the “tied at the hip”, the “what I know you know”. I needed to find someone motivated to win this thing and someone who knows how to play the game like I do. I’m really hoping Jordan may be the guy. I think I remember he posted something about liking the show Survivor before.

This is still before I had any email addresses from Buddy, so I post a comment on Jordan’s blog to send me an email. He requires author approval before displaying comments so here’s his first email to me:

Hey Jamy. I got your comment, and I wanted to hit you up via email. Is it safe to assume this is in regards to Donkey Island? I didn't post your comment, just in case.

Jordan

I replied

Yes. Donkey Island. I think I remember you are a fan of the show? In any case, alliances are the key to go far. Looking at our team, I think you and I should align. Then bring in Heff and Kat. I already talked to Heff and he is in, although I'm not sure how solid he is (I'll forward you his email). I don't know how to get ahold of Kat.

If we have 4 aligned at least until the merge, we can avoid getting voted out.

What do you think? Me and you, final 2?

I already felt he was on the same page as me because he didn’t post my comment “just in case”. So I’m throwing out the final 2 alliance at him right away.

His reply affirmed it:
J, I'm with you entirely. I actually already got propositioned by the Goat, so perhaps he can be our 4th. I tried to reach Kat by email twice, and she hasn't gotten back to me. She may've changed her email, but I'm not sure. I figure when Buddy sends out the contact info sheet, we should have her correct address.

If it's ok with you, we can lock in you, me and Goat for a clean final 3, and then bring in Heff or Kat (once we get Kat's name). Goat also mentioned bringing in Heff, so that might be the best option.

Incidentally, I think a great strategy will be to vote out the player with the lowest place, provided it isn't someone in our alliance. The longer we do that, the less obvious it is that there is an alliance.

Jordan

So an alliance is formed, and more alliances are added. I should be able to last 3 tournaments at worst with this. A little luck and I can go further.

But paranoia creeps in. What if Jordan is setting me up? What if Goat is the one pulling all the strings and I am being led in to slaughter without knowing it. I could be their pawn all the while thinking I am setting up alliances.

5 comments:

Buddy Dank said...

This is soooo great!

CEMfromMD said...

This is a very fascinating account of what went into the thoughts of someone who truly watches and understands Survivor. Very nice to see how you went with this!

Jordan said...

Wow, man! I was going to wait to blow the doors off this bitch, but seeing as how you were my primary alliance, I might as well join the discussion. I'll post my perspective on my site and link back here, so people can see the emails.

jamyhawk said...

That's cool HoP. I only posted this first installment because all the people I mentioned are already out of it. I won't mention anyone still in the game.

Jordan said...

Dude, do what you like. I'm using you as the barometer, since our games paralleled each other early. Frankly, I'm happy to finally spill the beans.