Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Wow! What a cooler I am on. If you see me sitting at a table: jump in. You should be able to get a bunch of my chips no problem. My bankroll is down 60% in the last 4 weeks. Prior to that, I was on a serious heater, so I guess I can't complain too much. I just feel like I got whacked in the back of the head with a shovel, and a bunch of my bankroll flew out of my mouth.





This graph (from sharkscope.com) shows part of my decline. It does not include my MTT's which paid me nicely in August, but beat me up in September just as my SNG's did. The grey area is September.


I am trying to play through it. Lowering my buy-in's to protect my bankroll and just play through it. I have noticed that I have turned up my aggression and that is NOT GOOD for online play. At least, not to the level I am playing. TAG (tight aggressive) play is best for online poker IMO. I have been playing more LAG (loose aggressive) lately and it shows in my bankroll decline.

I am still up 3,650% for the year, so I can't complain too much. I just need to stop this slide on I'm on.

I hope the tables are treating you well. Stay patient...

2 comments:

OhCaptain said...

I was starting to look like that with my bankroll. Flat-lining to down. I stopped playing sngs for 2 weeks and decided a change of scenery would help, and it did. I had some money not doing anything over at poker stars and sat down to the limit hold 'em cash tables. It seems to have helped clear my head and make me practice playing post flop. I think in NLH, I was playing way to much preflop and then losing it post.

gadzooks64 said...

Holy Downswing, Batman!

Geeeebus. And I get pissy when I don't cash in a sng or 3.

Hang in there.