Wednesday, October 15, 2008

FTOPS X coming

My poker play is still unprofitable right now, but I do feel I have turned the corner. I've stopped tilting so much, I've returned to my tight aggressive play. I've been playing a bunch of satelites to the FTOPS and Sunday Million's on FTP. The bad thing about that is they usually only pay first place or pay very small amounts to 2nd or 3rd spot. So that hurts my ROI when I finish in the top 10% 3 out of every 10 tournaments but don't necessarily get paid.

I did qualify for FTOPS#8. It is a rebuy tournament. It will be my first FTOPS to play in. Actually, I hope it will be my 3rd or 4th. I am trying to get into FTOPS#1 and any others I can satellite into.

I've been playing almost every single night on FTP and feel like I have to get a little "fix" each night. So I think I'm going to take a few days off. Slow things down a bit. I really need to FOCUS harder when I play and if I'm playing every single night, then I think that makes me sloppy. Part of the reason for playing more has also been thanks to TheCloserX5 winning $52K+ in the Sunday 750K Guarantee. He's been on a heater lately as he took down the Big Daily Double B last Saturday as well for $2700+. Watching him do it, definitely lites a fire under me that I can do it too.

One last person to mention is sprstoner . He's been on a heater as well. I had him linked on my site forever and then I finally took him off after he seemingly quit blogging. He's back now and I love his blog. His poker thoughts run similiar to mine (although I wish it were our poker skills that were similiar). Check him out if you get a chance. I'm throwing him back up on my links indefinietly.

Tonight is my monthly tournament to win a WSOP ME buy in next year. I'm still in first place, but I'm tied now, and there are several people on my heals. Time to turn it on and prove that last month was a fluke where I went out with a set of queens to a runner-runner straight. I'm going to try to throw up a poll so look for that too, soon.

Stay patient....

2 comments:

RaisingCayne said...

Jamy... just my two cents, but I would really recommend unregistering for the FTOPS rebuy event man. If you can't afford to rebuy or add-on, it's more EV to take the $T and run! I made the mistake myself in a previous FTOPS of playing one of these events, and my inability to rebuy or addon was a huge handicap, and completely limited my ability to compete. Unregister, use the $T for more $750k satellites... and compete there for the big bucks! FTOPS rebuy events should be left to the significantly bankrolled... imo.

Understand your thoughts about Closerx5 and Stoner's recent successes being so motivating! I can definitely relate. Good luck going forward!

Unknown said...

Good good good......