Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The end of season 1



Little League Football is finally over! Don't get me wrong, I love coaching the kids. It is a tremendous experience that I recommend to anyone. Working with kids and helping them learn and reach goals is ..... well, it's just fun! I love it.



But I also love seeing my family. It's hard to work 10 hours, then change clothes in the car, then coach football practice, then get home to find my daughter is already in bed. So I miss seeing her for a whole day. That day is a much smaller piece of my life than it is hers. And I hate days when she doesn't get to see me at all.


This year I coached 7 year olds and the fact that they ran organized plays at all, amazes me. These kids are playing "Star Wars" on the bench in between plays. They ask questions like "Which way do I run if I get the ball?" There were many, many "LOL" moments this year. I really had a blast. But I'm also glad it's time to put away my coaches "cleats" until next year.


We went 5-2. Only 2 opponents scored on us and both of those games we didn't score. Football at this age can be so lopsided.


Tonight is the first Tuesday night since July 22nd that I will go straight home. Now if I can only figure out how to get Bodog going on my laptop, I can get into the latest Bodog Blogger Tournament Series.


If you ever have a chance to coach any kids sports, I highly recommend it. . .




No comments: